Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Wheat pasta?  (Read 602 times)

Offline amsmomm

Wheat pasta?
« on: August 03, 2017, 10:03:57 AM »
I'm new to the low carb world. I've got to admit that I love pasta. Is wheat pasta better for you? Are there less carbs than regular pasta?

Empty Nest Moms

Wheat pasta?
« on: August 03, 2017, 10:03:57 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Wheat pasta?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 11:18:41 AM »
I just had this conversation with an old weight watchers teacher..    she said to use that wheat pastas..  I hope someone will chime in and say  how it is.  I'd be afraid it would taste like cardboard

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 11:57:25 AM »
Just checking on this and it looks like a 1/2 cup 'cooked' whole wheat pasta is approx. 15 'net' carbs (-the fiber). So it depends on how you are counting your carbs.....to lose weight, maintain or just trying to watch that you aren't eating a ton (which is easy to do, trust me!).

Hunts has a sugar free pasta sauce out that is good for making spaghetti sauce. Just add it to hamburger meat along with some onion, peppers, etc. and cook how ever long you like. I like to add a small can of those Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with green chilies, adds a little kick to it. The sauce isn't really that much unless you eat the whole thing (and it makes a lot depending on how much meat you use)!

I have eaten w.w. pasta before I went low carb and it really wasn't bad at all and I'm not naturally a w.w. person.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 11:57:25 AM »

Offline amsmomm

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 09:15:16 AM »
Ooh... that was going to be a question of mine, spaghetti sauce. I wanted to try to make my own. Now I have an idea on how to. Thanks!!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 09:15:16 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms