Empty Nest Moms

This is for general chat, if you are new to posting PLEASE make your first post in one of the topics below. Thanks!

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA†has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NEW POLL! Removing Board Topics from Forum....  (Read 406 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
NEW POLL! Removing Board Topics from Forum....
« on: August 01, 2017, 06:42:04 PM »
(UPDATE: 9/1/17) Poll has been removed! Thanks for the feedback!)
Don't have a clue as to why the "Question" is showing up white? ??? ? Highlight it and you can read it.  :dunno:

I would appreciate getting as much 'in put' as I can on this. If you think the Forum as to many boards to choose from, please feel free to cast your vote. Been trying to have a little something for everyone but it can get overwhelming for some with so many to choose from and maybe stopping them from posting all together? I'll be having some more 'polls' with more questions so be patient and hope you can participate!

I've also made this so 'Guest' can cast their vote so feel free to.

Thanks!

Jeanine
 :sign0096:  (been wanting to use that for a long time) :)

Empty Nest Moms

NEW POLL! Removing Board Topics from Forum....
« on: August 01, 2017, 06:42:04 PM »

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
Re: NEW POLL! Removing Board Topics from Forum....
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 07:28:00 PM »
Even though I voted 'yes' I thought I would mention that almost all of the topics are useful but as  you mentioned there are a lot of them and some might not know just where to start! I still love this board though and all you do here.  :13:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 07:28:00 PM »

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 03:33:14 PM »
I voted "yes" too.  The topics are great, but a lot of them can be combined which will help move the conversation along.  As it is now, you might not see the actual threads inside each topic.  Those threads are the conversation starters.  I might not click on the "divorce" topic, but if I see the thread name where Elizabeth is having a rough time you'd better believe I'll reply.  It takes a long time to click every topic to see what's going on.  I imagine it is doubly hard to scroll through when using a smartphone.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 03:33:14 PM »

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 03:39:41 PM »
Thank you ladies! I appreciate the info. :) It would actually make it easier on me also to have fewer topics.

Meanwhile, I'd appreciate anyone else's feedback (and vote) too!

Thanks again  :039:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 03:39:41 PM »

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 04:44:57 PM »
Jeanine, you have a great forum here!  I've enjoyed the camaraderie and learned a great deal along the way.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 06:46:26 PM »
I dont have a clue how you would condense topics without a whole lot of work..  for that reason I vote no, to leave it as it is. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 06:46:26 PM »

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 01:22:55 AM »
 You can just group the topics together.  For instance, all the empty nest themed topics could be under one "empty nest" heading.  The topics you have now would make great threads - like our empty nest marriage, enjoying your empty nest, an empty nest while being single.  I think those types of threads would naturally come out as members discuss what is going on in their lives.

You could also combine "staying healthy as we age" with "menopause" as both relate to health.

Gardening, travel, fun things to do, movies and books could be combined as hobbies.

All the pet topics can be lumped together as "pets" instead of breaking them down into minor nuances.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 01:22:55 AM »

Offline Kidless

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 06:00:37 AM »

I voted yes Jeanine but I really like them all.  There are a few that could be combined but that's a lot of work.  You do what you think is best.  Please keep Pets and The Grieving Room.  Some of us still need to talk every once in a while. 

:)

Offline PattyD

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »
I'm a newer member, though I've been following a bit before joining. At first, I wasn't sure where to start, but that could be because it's been years since I was part of a forum. I especially appreciated the post for newbies and guests.

Offline LinBabb

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 08:57:37 PM »
I voted yes, but like many of the others, I feel that even though there are a bunch of boards they are pretty useful. the only problem I have is that there are so many that I find it hard to get through and read them all.

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 08:59:23 AM »
Just want to thank everyone for your input! I have been 'pruning' the board a bit and combining some topics here and there. I've also eliminated a lot of 'old' post from years gone by (I have saved them to maybe bring back here and there).  Still have a bit more to do but getting there. Thanks again and I'm taking down the poll.  :039:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 08:59:23 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms