Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How To Help Someone Who Is Grieving?  (Read 2526 times)

Offline Quiet Abode

How To Help Someone Who Is Grieving?
« on: July 30, 2017, 07:12:57 PM »
My mother is getting thinner by the day.  The doctor thinks it's because she's taking medicine that makes food taste funny to her.  I think some of her problem is that she's grieving herself to death over the loss of her sister who passed away six months ago.  They were extraordinarily close.  They say time heals all wounds, but it isn't helping here.  When you were grieving, what helped you?  Not just immediately, but what helped you years down the road too?

Empty Nest Moms

How To Help Someone Who Is Grieving?
« on: July 30, 2017, 07:12:57 PM »

Offline CorrieM

Re: How To Help Someone Who Is Grieving?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 07:26:53 PM »
Sorry to hear about your mother, she sounds very sad. Wish I had a good answer for you but just trying to be there for her is good. Will she go to counseling? Not sure if it would help but worth a try. If it is the grief and not the medicine. If the latter does the doctor not have something else that might work for her and not take her appetite away? That certainly can't be a good side effect! I hope things take a turn for the better for her.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:21:47 PM »
I'm so sorry to read this.  Your poor mom...  she needs hope..  something to make her want to get out of bed in the morning.  She needs to feel needed, like she still has a purpose.  Maybe you could think of something you could do together that makes her feel like that?  My heart goes out to you both.   :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:21:47 PM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 04:24:26 PM »
Grieving is a hard thing and at times you are just lost in thoughts of hopelessness, just thinking that nothing good can come out of life. I feel for your mom, and it isn't easy when someone we were so close to is never coming again. Being there for her is good enough and I'm certain that she will soon get out of that situation.  :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 01:31:55 AM »
Thank you all for the support and advice!  It's hard to talk about this sort of thing in real life because I live in a small town and am afraid my thoughts will get back to my mother.  She'll think I'm talking bad about her instead of reaching out for help.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 11:17:08 AM »
Boy that's the truth.  I let out more of myself here than if I knew you all in person.  It's safe here because Jeanine has made it safe.  I've been on other boards where you get plowed down if you show your hurting or weak side..   You can share here and will only get support, understanding and love here...   :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 11:17:08 AM »

Offline Natasha

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 04:09:02 PM »
It takes time and you never completely heal. You have your good days and sometimes you have your bad days. Everyone copes in different ways.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 04:09:02 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms