Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: It gets easier!  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
It gets easier!
« on: July 09, 2017, 08:22:20 PM »
If  you are just starting out watching your carbs, you could probably start at around 40 or 50, maybe even a little more, which is a good amount for the first few weeks or so until you get adjusted to 'watching' your carbs. As to just how many 'you' need daily is something you will figure out over time. Everyone is different. I know some try to do just about nothing but my body will let me know if I go to low, so pay attention!

Remember you can count just "Net Carbs"! That means you subtract the 'fiber' and any 'sugar alcohols' that it contains. Again, some are different and want to count 'total' carbs. I figure if it's good enough for Atkins, then it's good enough for me! :)

So overall, just be patient until you find what works with you. It can seem a bit overwhelming at first but you get the hang of it after a while.  :13:

Empty Nest Moms

It gets easier!
« on: July 09, 2017, 08:22:20 PM »

Offline Kidless

Re: It gets easier!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 06:43:58 AM »
It does get easier Jeanine. We're finishing our second week and we've just about got the hang of it.  Hubby and I started with a goal of 50 carbs the 1st week and came in under 50 every day.  This week it's 40 and we're doing good so far.  I made some cloud bread yesterday that we were both impressed with so that will help with craving bread.  :)

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 09:58:37 PM »
Thank you so much for all the advice on this. It's a bit daunting to get started and I've been finding all the breakdowns on this site to be really helpful. You made a great point about the net carbs. I'm going to have to remember that as I start counting my carbs.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 09:58:37 PM »

Offline horizon

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 04:46:19 AM »
Thanks, Jeanine and everyone for the comments. All I do this far is cutting down my rice and bread consumption by a third and I'm already struggling to stay on course. Having a regular exercise plan also requires so much motivation. It's not easy to get out of the comfort zone, but I'm sure the end result will taste so sweet. That's how I'm hanging on so far!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 04:46:19 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms