Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Choose Your Battles  (Read 1809 times)

Offline GrownChildMother

Choose Your Battles
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:47:29 PM »
I have to say if there's anything that I know now that I didn't know when I was young, it is to choose your battles. I used to be fairly hot-headed. I could get mad over the silliest things. But now, if it is not already a big deal, I do my best not to make it a big deal. Life is so much calmer this way. I often find myself telling my children to choose their battles, but they haven't quite figured it out yet.

Empty Nest Moms

Choose Your Battles
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:47:29 PM »

Offline Kidless

Re: Choose Your Battles
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 06:35:55 AM »
I think this comes with age.  I used to be ready to fight and argue at the drop of a hat.  NO MORE!!  All I want now is peace and happiness.  No drama is allowed in my house.  I don't care who it is.  Peace........just peace!!!!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 08:03:46 AM »
Boy I guess we go in the opposite direction maybe, because I have never been the one to argue but now I have to bite my tongue to keep from speaking up.  I do think I just have a belly full. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 08:03:46 AM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 12:56:12 PM »
I have to say if there's anything that I know now that I didn't know when I was young, it is to choose your battles. I used to be fairly hot-headed. I could get mad over the silliest things. But now, if it is not already a big deal, I do my best not to make it a big deal. Life is so much calmer this way. I often find myself telling my children to choose their battles, but they haven't quite figured it out yet.
How I wish everyone realized how lovely and peaceful it is to choose your battles. I used to be hot-headed right up until my early twenties. It is not easy when you are trying to tell someone (who's hot-tempered) to calm down. I think this is best left to the person to realize how important peace is. The sooner, the better.

Offline Natasha

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 12:37:18 PM »
I think that I am still learning to choose my battles. I have been short tempered my whole life and even though I think I'm calmer now, I am still easy to get angry.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 05:54:31 PM »
I've found that I really try not to let a lot of things bother me that use to and realize that life is far to short to worry about the small stuff. As to you Maryb, from reading some of  your post I don't blame  you. I think that comes with age too as  to letting others 'run all over you', you finally find your 'voice' to speak up. May not go over well with others (like the ones that want to 'run all over you') but so be it!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 05:54:31 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 06:46:37 PM »
Thanks Elizabeth.  I'm still learning!  I just say yes then have to back tract because I get myself into more problems.  I have to learn to not be so quick to say yes to strangers,  and stand up for myself to those that know me and like to think they can push me still.   :big hug smiley sign: 

Offline haidyl

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 02:17:25 AM »
Well, I get the drift and even though I could say I'm the calmest person around, at times I feel like going back to some people to give them a piece of my mind. Have you ever felt like going back to an event so as to handle a confrontation differently?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 08:53:46 AM »
Oh heck yeah!    I will come up with a come back in the middle of the nite and wish I could turn back time.   :dunno:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 08:53:46 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms