Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Do You Remember the Price of Things?  (Read 4174 times)

Offline Maggie

Re: Do You Remember the Price of Things?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 10:10:07 AM »
Now Maggie did you ever use a messenger, like yahoo messenger?   I use to love that because it was talking back in forth in real time, but no one uses it anymore because they want you to go on facebook, and like we said, it's not for us. 

I tried messaging, but stopped shortly after.  I used aol's messenger (remember them) and didn't like it.  I can email and text with the best of them though.  I don't do social media, but I've seen pictures that friends and family uploaded that had my house in it.  It's hard to think that complete strangers are seeing your dirty dishes.

Offline CatMom

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 12:54:40 PM »
I can remember my parents talking about the rising costs of things.  They complained that a loaf of bread would be over 50 cents before long.  I also remember that cigarettes were 35 cents per pack on my college campus and $6,000.00 for a new car was outrageous.  Times, they do change!

I remember that too. As the kids got older we gave them those cards that showed the prices of things the year they were born. It's still shocking to see. Salaries have increased with it, but not quite enough to cover everything! It's definitely something I worry about for my kids later on, but hopefully my saving ways stuck!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 02:57:06 PM »
See, I dont like that people can post pictures of us or our homes and dirty dishes for the world to see...   Now aol or yahoo messenger was private between the people talking and didnt go any further.  I did like them..   Of course, like you said email works like that but not as fast as the old messengers did.. 

CatMom, that is a great gift idea!!!!!  I think that anyone would like seeing the price of things when they were born.  What an eye opener

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms