Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Missing the furball...  (Read 5347 times)

Offline Lyndish

Missing the furball...
« on: June 18, 2017, 06:33:06 AM »
He was a gorgeous, huge, tomcat who had been with us through thick and thin for years. He protected our garden from other cats and was very popular with the neighbours, who he would visit (and demand food from) on a regular basis.

They've finally sent the proof for his headstone through, and it brings it all back. It may sound odd to people who don't own pets, but it feels like we lost a family member. Putting a stone in the backyard for him seems like the least we can do. It's just not the same without him, even though it has been a year.

Empty Nest Moms

Missing the furball...
« on: June 18, 2017, 06:33:06 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Missing the furball...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 09:04:58 AM »
Oh Lyndish, my sympathy dear friend.  I do understand.  I hurt because I have loved ones (pets) that I had to leave in other states and it hurts so bad.  I'm glad your furbaby is there...  Big hugs dear... 

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 10:35:19 AM »
My precious, beautiful, kind, fluffy, and handsome kitty, Legolas passed away this past Monday morning and my heart is forever broken.  :( My daughter and I had to put him to sleep due to heart disease and blood clots in both legs. His sister, Tiggy as well as Angel and Bella are definitely missing him too but this morning they have finally started to eat.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 10:35:19 AM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 03:57:12 PM »
So sorry Neale about your little kitty. I know it must be hard and I know the others do miss him! Glad to hear they have started eating again. How old was he? It's so hard to lose one of our furbabies, they are like family to us.

:hugs:

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 05:29:28 PM »
I am so sorry Neale...  so so sorry..  my heart goes out to you..  it's the hardest thing to go thru with our furbabies...   so so sorry 

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 07:24:08 PM »
Thank you....it was so unexpected which makes it so hard...my daughter and I went to a store today so I could pick up a new pink crystal angel necklace and stone..the kitties are back to not really eating...hate that...but I'm going to cleanse the house tonight to help get rid of the sadness...the house just seems so empty without him...but what's kind of good is that he was here for a month with Lauren at home and a month before she has to leave...I think my son is slowly dealing with it but his situation is keeping his mind very busy. Right now, I'm not going to do anything about selling my house. I just want to enjoy August with my daughter before she leaves and I have to go back to work a few days after she leaves...I just want to hug my Lego again..one more time.. :(

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 07:24:08 PM »

Offline Janeb

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 05:59:48 PM »
To nvgt16 (and all others) who have lost a furbaby, I do feel for  you. It is just so sad to to lose a pet, especially if it is one you have had a long time. I'm glad your daughter got to spend time with him. Not sure about  your son....is he living far from home?

I hope your other kitties have started back eating and don't grieve to long. You wouldn't think it would mean so much to the other pets in the house and it may not for some but a lot go through a grieving process just like humans when your 'friends' pass.

Take care and do enjoy your daughters visit.

:big hug smiley sign:

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 07:08:52 PM »
Hi and thanks..can't believe my Lego has been gone a week now. My other 3 kitties went to a new vet in town this morning and my younger two, Angel and Bella are doing fine but Lego's sister, Tiggy, does have heart issues... She has heart arrhythmia.  :(  Next Monday she is going back for more tests including an ultrasound...I don't want to lose her. It's been a challenging week with some family issues tied into my daughter's bridal celebrations this past week. My kitties eating has been off and on. I'm trying out better kitty food and all 3 ate their entire meal up!! My son is living out in Utah...and he deals with issues differently because he has Aspergers. He has also just started to communicate with us since he seemed to disappear for two years as he was trying to get his life in order..but so glad that he is back! :13:  My youngest kitty seemed to know that something was wrong with her big brother because she had started to hide from us about a week before he passed. Sometimes she still looks sad with her head hanging down but she's getting better. Tiggy cries still quite more than she usually does but as usual, I'm always there for her! It will take time. I should be getting his ashes this week so that will be a new experience but I can't wait to have him back!

Offline Kidless

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 06:33:26 AM »

Lyndish, my heart goes out to you.  We had "Puff" for 23 years and she was part of the family.  We cried and cried when she passed.  The neighbors cried with us.  Please don't wait too long before you get another kitten.  They bring such joy. 
 :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Natasha

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 10:10:18 PM »
It hurts when a pet passes away, some people don't realize how bad it hurts. I'm so sorry to hear that your fur ball is gone.

Offline DottieMae

• Enjoying Life and Family!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 08:08:55 AM »
Hi nvgt16, just checking this topic and see that you lost one of your precious cats. So sorry to hear this. I know how hard it is to lose one of our furbabies, after all they are part of our family! How is tiggy doing? Hope she is getting better and hope that the others are starting to recover from 'their' loss too.

:big hug smiley sign: :big hug smiley sign:

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 08:24:35 AM »
Hi, thanks. I miss my Lego terribly but what's kind of cool is that my other cats seem to hang out in the places that Lego would. I think it is him still showing me his love <3 Tiggy is hanging in there, her last bloodwork was pretty good although we needed to increase her thyroid medicine but otherwise she's doing fine! Giving her the pills twice a day is still not fun for either of us but we're both getting better at it. I just have to try not and stress about it all. I'm hoping that we will be moving to Florida next year. Just trying to save up the money to apply for teacher certification and then get a job in a public school. The closer to my friend in Sun City Center, the better. She's actually going to fly up and drive down with me and my kitties!!! I'm going to take care of her flight up and our trip down in case we need to stay in a hotel. I couldn't fathom the idea of "shipping" my cats on a plane or with a stranger. We will be able to stay at my friend's home for a month or 2 so hopefully I'll be able to buy a house quickly. My cats are the biggest part of my family right now with both of my kids living so far away. I'm ready for a new adventure to a warm climate!

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 09:51:40 AM »
Way to go Neale! Keep up that positive attitude and you'll be fine. I think you will like living in Florida. Sun City area is only about 2 hrs from me so who knows, maybe we will actually get to meet after all these years!

It does sound like you have some great adventures ahead of you and hope everything goes smoothly. That's good that your friend is going to fly up and drive down with you when you're ready. I'm sure that will be a big help with your kitties. It will be a long drive.

I'm glad to hear your Tiggy is doing better and I certainly don't envy you having to give her pills twice a day!

I understand about your other cats hanging out in the place where Lego did. We had a cat that did the same thing. We lost her 'son' and she took up in places where he did and also we had another cat she was close with that died and she did the same thing again. Guess cats have their ways of coping with loss too.

Keep us posted on your job search in Fl and wish you lots of luck, you deserve it.  :tinypinkflowers:

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 10:09:33 AM »
Hi! I know I was thinking of coming to Florida a little while ago but some things that happened this past summer along with the lower cost of living in Florida and my kids living happily on their own, it's time I let go of the past and move forward into what I want to do! Of course, I still need to get a job so as soon as I have the money I'll apply for my certifications! There definitely seem to be more public school teaching jobs in Florida than here in RI. I have all of the job and school district info together and some I've started. I'm hoping when I get to Florida to have a realtor all set with days all set for going to see houses right away. I have my financing for my new house all set too! I will definitely want to meet up with you!! As I recall, if we were to go straight through it would be about 23 hours driving..not much fun but much better and safer than me going by myself. I'd be going routes 84 in Ct. down 81 to I think Tn then catching 75 in through Florida. If my parents drove to Florida when they were older, I should be able to too! I enjoyed living in Florida years ago when I went to the U. of Tampa. I've been back to visit. It will be really different when I realize that I'm staying in Florida this time! It will be interesting traveling with the kitties..I've started making a list of things I'll need for the car and a bit will be for the kitties, especially Tiggy's medicines. I'm so excited that I wish I could leave right now! I know how excited I was when I was accepted to U. of Tampa and when I arrived...this is going to be so much better! In the meantime, I'm putting together a list of things that I would need for a Florida house..like how it's built..what materials are better. I've read about metal roofs, storm windows, and shutters. And seeing that of course there aren't basements, I'm looking for a 3 bedroom/2 bath house, garage, and a lanai or Florida room. If you have any othere ideas that would help me out with what I should look for, I'd appreciate it!

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 03:47:48 PM »
Well Neale, you might not want to get to close to waterfront! When looking do ask if the house is in a flood zone or you will be paying extra for flood insurance along with homeowners (there are lots of rivers, lakes and not to mention the Gulf so not hard to end up in a flood zone depending on where you end up). Can get pricey indeed! Other then that, just look for what you like and make sure it is sound (get a very good house inspection!) It also depends on if you want a 'fixer uper' or 'move in ready'.

I do remember  you talking about moving to Florida a while back but seemed reluctant. I see you are very excited about it now so good for you! You will be starting a whole new life and you already have a good friend close by to help you out.

It is a long drive and having two of you to share the driving will help a lot, especially if  you want to drive straight through.

You know Maryb lives south of there in the center part, somewhere around Sebring I think. So looks like you will be in the middle of us. :)

Keep us posted on how things are coming along.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 03:47:48 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms