Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Missing our hamsters  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Moonlight

Missing our hamsters
« on: August 28, 2016, 06:17:13 AM »
We used to have two pairs of hamsters. They were my source of entertainment, even during our worst days. It's been a few years since they died, but sometimes I still cry a little if I think about them. It feels like they resemble my happy moments, and I wish I could go back to those days. How did you move on?

Empty Nest Moms

Missing our hamsters
« on: August 28, 2016, 06:17:13 AM »

Offline Scatter

Re: Missing our hamsters
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 04:00:47 AM »
Nostalgia always stings a little, I think. Have you considered buying new hamsters or find a new pet? Not that they can fill the gap because I believe even pets are special, but we can always use some friends when we feel down.

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 07:00:04 AM »
Nostalgia always stings a little, I think. Have you considered buying new hamsters or find a new pet? Not that they can fill the gap because I believe even pets are special, but we can always use some friends when we feel down.
Getting new hamsters probably will continuously remind me of the old ones, so I'm thinking about getting puppies or dogs. You have a point, though. I also try to remember the good things I did for them and that they didn't die for nothing.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 07:00:04 AM »

Offline CalamityJane

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 10:36:41 AM »
If you want to avoid the hurt from happening again, I don't recommend hamsters because they live only a few years, or less. I had to put my foot down when my kids were little about the "small" pets because they just didn't last long. It is traumatic when you lose a pet, and no matter what anyone says, it's hard to get over.

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 09:56:16 AM »
If you want to avoid the hurt from happening again, I don't recommend hamsters because they live only a few years, or less. I had to put my foot down when my kids were little about the "small" pets because they just didn't last long. It is traumatic when you lose a pet, and no matter what anyone says, it's hard to get over.
That's true. Back then, hamsters were our choice because they are small and easy to take care of. Now that we know, I agree that I will probably get something which can live longer, like dogs. There's really no avoiding the pain because everything dies one day, though.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 09:56:16 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms