Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do You Think Other People Really Care About Us?  (Read 2023 times)

Offline SpotOn

Do You Think Other People Really Care About Us?
« on: June 15, 2017, 03:43:15 PM »
I know that our later years are considered our "golden years", but do you think that other younger people really care about us like they say they do? I mean, like our politicians always saying that they're working hard for us to find us good health care or how much we've contributed to society, etc. Or, like how we're treated in restaurants and stores with young workers smiling and "gooing" over us, do they mean it? Are these people sincere or just trying to push us out the door?

Empty Nest Moms

Do You Think Other People Really Care About Us?
« on: June 15, 2017, 03:43:15 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Do You Think Other People Really Care About Us?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 04:07:12 PM »
I know that our later years are considered our "golden years", but do you think that other younger people really care about us like they say they do? I mean, like our politicians always saying that they're working hard for us to find us good health care or how much we've contributed to society, etc. Or, like how we're treated in restaurants and stores with young workers smiling and "gooing" over us, do they mean it? Are these people sincere or just trying to push us out the door?

The way I was raised was to respect the elderly but I do not feel like we are respected now. If anything I feel like we are treated like we are in the way.    I hope I'm wrong, but even my own son threw me away

:goodpost:

Offline SeniorLady

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 03:36:47 PM »
Well my two cents is if you have some close family that hopefully they do still care about us! I think you're right about some of the younger generation though. I believe that they get so caught up in daily life that they tend to forget about the 'older' ones that are still around, especially if they aren't able to get around easy enough. I know that there are some younger ones that are respectful though as we have a few in our area that are always helping out at some of the senior centers and in our church. So there is hope yet for these 'youngins'!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 03:36:47 PM »

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 10:55:09 PM »
I feel like my children and my siblings do truly care about me. But honestly, my other relatives that are younger, I think they only care as long as I am doing something they agree with or approve of. As for the general public, they only care as much as their paycheck requires them to.

Offline Indiana

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 11:35:03 AM »
A worker at a place of business I go to who is a complete stranger is going to care as much as they need to. How could I expect more out of a person? That doesn't make them bad people. They are doing a job and customer service is a part of their job.

Offline Blaire

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 05:57:42 AM »
I totally agree with you that people at work will always care just as far as they are required to and no further, but that's alright with me

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 05:57:42 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 08:53:44 AM »
Shucks if people did care, as much as they were required to, the world would be a better place

Offline haidyl

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 12:04:29 PM »
I cannot say that everyone out there cares about us but one sure thing is that amidst all this, there a few people that we mean the world to. It would definitely be a better place if everyone walked the talk. It was much better back in the day but nowadays, almost everything is taken for granted.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 12:04:29 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms