Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Insensitive relatives...  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Lyndish

Insensitive relatives...
« on: June 11, 2017, 06:28:27 AM »
How can I explain to someone that grieving doesn't just stop? For context, we lost someone close to us last year and a family member wanted to know why my husband and I were still thinking about the person who had died, less than a week after the funeral. She said we should have moved on by now. (We were working with the executors, which didn't help on the moving on part.)

We've currently been trying to keep the person away from grieving relatives to avoid a repeat of the last time this happened where she made comments about how much the widow would be living it up on insurance, at the funeral. Is there any way to get through to someone like this about just how hurtful they are being?

Empty Nest Moms

Insensitive relatives...
« on: June 11, 2017, 06:28:27 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Insensitive relatives...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 07:59:41 AM »
People are rude rude rude!  They are everywhere too.  I dont think we can escape them on this earth!  I'm sorry you went thru that.  Know it is them being jerks..  I learned to hold back my skeleton in my closet, of my son's estrangement, because of that reason right there..  People feel compelled to tell you how you should feel or what you should do, even though you didnt ask.  Sometimes just talking helps ease the pain, but choose wisely who you confide in so as to not get criticized and hurt further...
 :cute group hug:

Offline Natasha

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 05:04:08 PM »
I'm sorry, but this sounds like a relative who shouldn't be invited to too many family functions. However, family is family, and I do believe that maybe you should sit this relative down and have a long talk with her about how you're feeling.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 05:04:08 PM »

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 07:33:46 AM »
My husband and I tried sitting her down for a chat last time. We were told we were being silly and no one minded. This was at a time when half the family weren't speaking to her because of exactly what she had said, and we'd been asked to keep her away from the parents of the deceased.

Anything we said was met wioth complete denial that there was anything wrong with what she was saying. I honestly don't know how to get through to someone that oblivious.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 07:33:46 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms