Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Saving a rose bush?  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Lyndish

Saving a rose bush?
« on: June 08, 2017, 04:37:14 AM »
Help! I had a lovely rose bush in my front garden which had lasted many years. Until next door's son, with his new lovely driving licence, backed over it. It went down fighting, judged from the damage to the car's paintwork, but half the bush was torn off including the main branches and it only has one surviving section.

Roses are really hard to replant, so I'd be really grateful for advice on how to try and recover it. I've clipped away the damaged section, and given it a feed, but are there any other things I should try?

Empty Nest Moms

Saving a rose bush?
« on: June 08, 2017, 04:37:14 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Saving a rose bush?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 03:41:14 PM »
If it were me,  I'd clip off the broken (like you did) and clip back the healthy.  I'd give it a regular (as directed) good dose of fish fertilizer, and give it time!  I say it will recover.

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 05:24:47 AM »
Thanks. I've been keeping a close eye on it, and it seems to be putting out new sprouts from the crown, so I think it is recovering. The remaining stem gave out a lovely display of white roses, so I can only imagine what it would have looked like if someone hadn't run it over... (grr)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 05:24:47 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 08:03:10 AM »
That's good news!  I can only imagine how beautiful it is!

Offline NanaBee

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 10:27:41 AM »
I hope the roses recovered.

I know the upset when you think you’re going to lose a beautiful rose bush. I have a pink one at the front that I’ve had for 20 odd years and it looks like it is dying. I’m heartbroken.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 07:42:28 AM »
Sounds like you have done everything you could for the bush.  And to see new growth, you know it's going to be alright.  A horticulturist friend of mine once cut my azaleas back so far I just new they were dead.  However, the next spring they bloomed like they had never bloomed before.  Please send us a picture when your roses bloom. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 07:42:28 AM »

Offline NanaBee

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 03:55:49 PM »
Thank you, I am really hoping that mine is going to recover. I couldn’t stand to lose it after all these years. It was such a pretty shade and flower.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 03:55:49 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms