Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pushing yourself to 'get back out there'  (Read 1644 times)

Offline aloneagain

Pushing yourself to 'get back out there'
« on: October 01, 2017, 03:55:32 PM »
I guess this would be mostly for the single ladies (and guys?) here although for those that had lives that pretty much revolved around the kids before they left home, could relate.

Recently divorced and have been trying to get out more with friends/family I'm finding it hard sometimes. Seems I would rather just stay at home. What are some of the things anyone here might have done to get out of their 'rut'. I'm pretty much over the divorce so it's not that, I guess it's just hard to get out and 'mingle'.  :dunno:

Offline Natasha

Re: Pushing yourself to 'get back out there'
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 10:27:49 PM »
I understand how hard it can be putting yourself back out there. Try going out with a friend first to a restaurant, a bar, a club, or whatever you feel up to. It will help loosen you up and not feel so awkward and out of place.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 10:27:49 PM »

Offline aloneagain

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 08:13:59 AM »
Thanks Natasha.....I have been going out some just not really feeling it though. I'm thinking of maybe finding a crafting club of some kind to try since I like doing different kinds of crafts, if I can find one. I do have some friends that are trying to encourage me to go out more and do sometimes 'make' myself go. I'm hoping with time that I will get out more but right now I just like staying at home most of the time. But at least I am working on it!

Offline Treasure

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 12:19:23 PM »
I'm not divorced but I can relate to having a hard time getting out and "mingling". Most of my friends have been made because of our kids being friends or in the same activities. Motherhood has been the bond. With my kids all gone, and them going through the same or dealing with their other children, I found myself alone a lot. I've been getting more involved in community groups, like our local Garden Club, and that's been a nice way to meet people I wouldn't have met otherwise. I also joined a few Facebook Groups for women in my area and have started a Book Club. It's been a fun experience. I'm not a social person by nature, or well, I'm much more of an introvert. So I really had to push myself. But I had to get over that. That might only work for meeting women though - well, depends on the kind of groups you join. Do you have any single friends or friends who would be your "wingwoman"? Going out to bars might be a good way to mingle with men, although bars can be hit or miss, in my opinion. I still say getting involved in your community in some way can be a great way to meet people. Oh, do you have a dog? My dog has also helped me meet some people at dog parks.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 12:19:23 PM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 01:37:10 PM »
I agree with all your suggestions. Though I'm not single, is it possible that at times a person can assume that they are over their partner yet in actual sense they aren't? I would encourage you not to rush into mingling with everyone because sincerely speaking, not all people you will come into contact with will necessary have your back.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 01:37:10 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms