Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anniversary Presents  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Ava Lynn

Anniversary Presents
« on: June 06, 2017, 02:39:19 AM »
I know that there are supposed to be certain types of gifts for each anniversary year, but many people don't follow this rule. For instance, one year the gift may be made of paper and another year it may be made of silver. I have never really followed this, but it might make choosing the perfect gift much easier. Do any of you base your anniversary on this gift giving method?

Offline MaryB

Re: Anniversary Presents
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:21:13 AM »
Wow I forgot about that, but that is how it use to be.  I dont have a clue what people do now.  I'm anxious to hear myself!   :goodpost:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:21:13 AM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 12:53:30 AM »
The truth is that these gifts vary from one country to the other. For instance, traditionally wood was the preferred gift for the first year but that seems to have been replaced by clocks. Leather used to be the gift for the third year but has since been replaced by crystal or glass. This would make the purchasing of gifts much easier but I doubt if people still follow these rules.

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 06:42:21 AM »
I think this is a neat idea and I remember reading about it a few years ago. We have never followed it though. Normally, we just go out for dinner and he may get me flowers for our anniversary.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 06:42:21 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 08:23:30 AM »
From what I hear from my friends, those gifts have been replaced by cruises.  Seems like cruises are the big get aways now, for anniversaries or anything. 

Offline cherie

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 01:29:37 AM »
I wish I could get into a cruise one day. How cheap or expensive is this MaryB? These rules seem to have been replaced by other unique methods. I know that people get tired of routine over time.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 08:03:26 AM »
that's what surprised me, Cherie,  they can be affordable according to how much you want to do.  I thought they were all in the thousands, but found out a short one (weekend or 3 day) would be a few hundred.  I've never went but maybe it's something you could look into.   :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 08:03:26 AM »

Offline SpotOn

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 09:28:13 AM »
I know that there are supposed to be certain types of gifts for each anniversary year, but many people don't follow this rule. For instance, one year the gift may be made of paper and another year it may be made of silver. I have never really followed this, but it might make choosing the perfect gift much easier. Do any of you base your anniversary on this gift giving method?

This is the traditional rule about anniversary gift giving. This does make gift giving easier, though, as years go on, may pose a financial burden on people who are strapped for funds, such as for the fiftieth being gold. I tend to side on the "give what you think the couple can use" belief rather than any established rule.

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 10:56:31 AM »
We know the tradition but I don't think anyone in our family has ever followed it. Normally it is a night out or an event, or something similar. Gifts between us just tend to lead to clutter now anyway, and we're still trying to get rid of things!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 10:56:31 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms