Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Down memory lane  (Read 2176 times)

Offline haidyl

Down memory lane
« on: June 03, 2017, 10:57:30 AM »
My children are part of a local group that goes hiking every two months. This past weekend, they went hiking for 3 days. This got me reminiscing those good old days when I had all the energy and time to go for adventure. Were you adventurous during your younger years?

Offline MaryB

Re: Down memory lane
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 02:46:33 PM »
Boy you know our adventurous is not the adventurous of today!  In our day a motorcycle ride was adventurous..  now they bungy jump and sky dive!  Neither of which I would be brave enough to try! 
I guess I 'was' adventurous in that I did motorcycle ride and take on any roller coaster!   Let the laughter begin!   :rofl:

:goodpost:

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 12:36:07 AM »
Wow, I would never sky diving, bungy jumping or anything like that because I've always heard a fear of heights. It's true that adventure has really changed and we have a lot of adrenaline junkies nowadays. Who even goes for motorcycle and bicycle rides anymore?

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 01:19:33 AM »
I guess I was adventurous as a child. I lived on a huge farm and I can remember going hiking up in the mountains behind our house. I was the only child at home then, so it was always just me and my dog. I would head out around 8 or 9 in the morning and not come back home til almost dark. Now, I'd be afraid to do that even if I was physically able to.

Offline SpotOn

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 05:41:32 PM »
Well, I don't know if you would call it adventurous, but I did do a little sparring and boxing in my youth. I wasn't good enough to turn pro, though I could hold my own in a fight. Other than that, joining the Marines when I was eighteen could be construed by some as thrill seeking, the Vietnam War was in high gear then.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 07:02:46 AM »
Boy you know our adventurous is not the adventurous of today!  In our day a motorcycle ride was adventurous..  now they bungy jump and sky dive!  Neither of which I would be brave enough to try! 
I guess I 'was' adventurous in that I did motorcycle ride and take on any roller coaster!   Let the laughter begin!   :rofl: 
 :goodpost:

Whenever I hear anyone talk about bungy jumping, I realize that a lot has changed over the years. I would never try anything like that in my youth. Times have changed for sure.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms