Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Estrangement  (Read 7918 times)

Offline nvgt16

Re: Estrangement
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2017, 09:06:01 PM »
oh, so that's why he won't take help. I'm hoping, praying, and have to believe that he will be safe and things will get better for him..not easy. I'm so glad that he felt that he could come to me even if it's just to share his situation with me. Although I don't know how I'm ever going to sleep knowing that he doesn't have a safe place to live? I've got such a nasty headache from all of this. And I'm trying to find a new home for me knowing that my son doesn't have a decent place to live? That's so not right.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2017, 09:06:01 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2017, 09:08:08 PM »
Yeah that hurts.  Your heart has to be torn up with concern.  Man, I wish he was not so far away.  I hope he keeps in touch

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2017, 09:09:31 PM »
Thanks..my goal is to keep communication open and to help him stay positive!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2017, 09:20:39 PM »
You are a good mom.  You raised children that are assets to mankind.  That's to be proud of.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2017, 09:20:39 PM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2017, 09:24:41 PM »
I just want to know that my kids are safe and happy!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2017, 10:24:42 AM »
A friend, that has an estranged child, sent me this book and it is spot on.  It has helped me see the frantic calls and texts we put out to our son, in the beginning, only helped his girlfriend (now wife) block us in all possible ways.  To go back I'd do things different but so much is explained.  It helps to know the reactions are normal and we're not crazy. 
Maybe it will help someone else.

https://www.amazon.com/Abandoned-Parents-Healing-Understanding-Children/dp/1546444149

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2017, 10:57:40 AM »
That is so awesome, I'll have to look at that book. I know exactly what you did because I did the same thing. We had just messaged and I was helping him get him locations of stores where he could get a router for the house where he was staying and after that I never heard again from him.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2017, 10:57:40 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2017, 02:07:35 PM »
Yep, it was pure panic.   I have said it so many times though, nobody could have made me turn on my parents/family.  He had to have a crack to do it.  We never had any problems and were so close..  he had a future, money in the bank and gave it all up..  What gets me is how many girls were after my son, and yet this one caught him, but she had her mom behind her helping.  My son didnt stand a chance. 

Offline MaryB

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2017, 02:08:42 PM »
Now I have heard a few times, about men that got married and just didnt talk to their mom's again.  Their thinking was that the wife was their family now.  How cold is that!

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2017, 04:15:19 PM »
That's so awful and impossible to understand. I'm going to take things one step at a time with my son because I never want to go through losing him again. My new listing agent just left...we did all the paperwork and photos again so I'll post a picture on that link.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2017, 04:24:05 PM »
All I know is if/when my son gives me a chance,  I hope to hold back my emotions and give him all the space he wants.  If he only wants to text me once a month,  I'm willing to accept it now.  I think that's what they want is space... 

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2017, 04:28:01 PM »
I think when they call back they want us for support but don't want us all the time...baby steps...same here. I at least know that for right now, I'll be able to at least message him birthday and holiday greetings..next might be his email address..I'm very happy with just having his cell number.....I at least know that I can contact him.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2017, 04:32:43 PM »
Ohhh  yes,  I'm so happy for you!  He is back in your life!!!  Praise God!!!!

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2017, 04:44:01 PM »
I have to look at that book sometime. Today I'm just trying to get through this heat...don't like the 90s.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2017, 04:44:39 PM »
Hi nvgt16....sorry to hear  you son isn't coming home now. Have you been able to keep communications open with him now? Does he seem to want to stay in touch?

Oh, and how is your house sale going? Have you had any bites yet and are  you still looking around for a new place or are you waiting until you get a contract on your house now? I know you mentioned your daughter is coming home soon, is she here yet (don't remember the dates you gave). Hope everything goes good for you.
 :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2017, 04:44:39 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms