Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Estrangement  (Read 8271 times)

Offline MaryB

Re: Estrangement
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2017, 04:16:00 PM »
That's what happens, then the sun comes back out.    The rainy season.  I guess this is the April showers bring May flowers, but it happens here in June!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2017, 04:16:00 PM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2017, 06:21:17 PM »
I knew it was too good to be true..my son is now not coming home and I'm not getting a clear answer.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2017, 07:19:53 PM »
Did you tell his sister about him?  She didnt talk to him did she?

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2017, 07:43:46 PM »
She know nothing yet..he's not in a safe situation as to where he is living... I'm praying that God gets him out of his lease right now so he can get away from the bad people who are living in the same house he is living in.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2017, 07:43:46 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2017, 07:55:26 PM »
Is that why you think he is not coming now?  Not safe to leave?  Oh I'm so sorry. 

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2017, 08:08:34 PM »
Yeah...his stuff wouldn't be safe. So from what my son told me, his credit card has $4,000 on it in debt because of his living situation has been unsafe and he had to choose this place as because he could afford  it over a worse place. He's in a lease until December. He pays $450/month and right now he can't even live in it because he and others have been threatened by a tenant. He is in an auto body program and that finishes in December. Supposedly he's going to get a full time job after that is completed in December. He is living in Logan, Utah but might move over the border into Idaho because everything is cheaper and it's between 30/60 minutes from Logan where he could be working on completing his college degree in the Fall..which supposedly won't cost him because he still has money in a college fund account. Currently he is living in his tent..small one, in a kind of park..I'm thinking more of a camping park...but not sure. He has been looking into buying a small piece of land kind of near a lake and build a tiny house on it so he's been researching the cost of it all. OMG. AND he won't accept help, not that I can financially.I don't know if this is typical for guys to be doing. He will be 29 in December.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2017, 08:14:26 PM »
How far is he from you?????

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2017, 08:14:26 PM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2017, 08:22:58 PM »
He's out west in Utah :-( He does cause his problems and I know I can't rescue him  but he doesn't deserve to have to live in an unsafe place and then have to camp out and yet still pay rent for a place he can't live in because he's been threatened. I don't know what I can do to help him.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2017, 08:25:34 PM »
Your poor broken mother's heart...  Im so sorry.  I wish there were  jobs there that he could move closer, and be a help to you and you for him.  Any chance of that?  If he knew you could be a help to each other, would that make a difference you think?

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2017, 08:30:18 PM »
I think he wants to figure this out on his own but I just don't like that he's living in an unsafe place. I'm definitely not moving out west. But I can now understand why he can't come out here but at least he had wanted to. I can't bail him out of his credit card debt especially with me going through selling my house. He said one good thing, in a way, is that he will have lower rent because they are shutting down the services I guess in order to get this guy out of the house and supposedly the police can't get him out which makes no sense to me.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2017, 08:33:20 PM »
He is a good man.  I know it hurts your heart that things are rough for him right now and you cannot help.   Maybe he wanted to just be in touch and that has helped him.  Hopefully he will be straightened out soon, if the police are involved.  How did he get so far away?

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2017, 08:43:13 PM »
He wanted to finish his BS degree out west and he loves winter and snow. He has actually climbed almost to the top of Mt. Rainier in Washington state..he was a Boy Scout too !  That's how this all started but his asperger's doesn't help much. As my daughter would say, Chris would go back and forth between my ex and I when we were divorced to get things or to not deal with issues so I guess now that he is on his own, he has to deal with his issues basically on his own. I can only stand by and watch and pray and I told him that I've been praying for him and his sister since they were born. I think my goal is to just keep the line of communication open between us...both of us are going through some challenging times. And you do feel badly for your kids but even if I had the money, I wouldn't bail him out unless I saw him at least start to get himself out of his situation. It is heartbreaking a bit.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2017, 08:47:11 PM »
Sure, any parent can understand that.  It hurts to see our children struggle.  But I am thinking that is why he called you now.  Even  though he wants to stand on his own and fix things, just talking to his mom is a comfort.  That would make me feel good.  He still wants you in his life.  Yes, keep in touch and pray.  I believe a parents prayers are powerful!   

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2017, 08:49:43 PM »
I never thought of it that way, thank you..that's so nice to be wanted by my son..and needed too...

Offline MaryB

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2017, 08:50:55 PM »
You're welcome.  He is a man now and that's the only help he will take from his mom.  You raised a good man

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2017, 08:50:55 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms