Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Estrangement  (Read 8278 times)

Offline nvgt16

Re: Estrangement
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »
I've heard that saying in a Hallmark Xmas movie but somehow that's not how it is in my family..both my kids took off..but none of my siblings kids..they are all literally in the same town that they grew up in..what gives!?lol I think it's because I have traveled the most of my siblings..been to Europe twice by the end of high school..thanks to my parents and then Lauren and I visited friends in Mexico City 11 years ago..and Lauren went on trips down south and to Puerto Rico with her high school for chorus. But my parents traveled a lot because my mom taught Spanish. And I went to college in Florida...best times ever!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2017, 08:40:05 PM »
I know my son is the only one estranged in my family.  I am the black sheep as it is so they think I deserve it.  It really is embarrassing and hurtful.  No one has loved their child more than I love mine but mine has chosen to turn his back on me.  I have seen parents that were abusive but their children stuck to them.  I will never understand it

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2017, 08:42:20 PM »
Does he communicate at all with you in any way? Or explained why he isn't?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 08:07:08 AM »
No.   He has cut us, and his whole family, off.  He will have to want us for us to get to him.  We were so close too, no one could have told me this could happen to us.  But  a  girl.....   

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 08:07:08 AM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2017, 08:59:19 AM »
I'm so sorry...I get your feelings. Just keep hoping and praying that it will turn around. I know another mom who went through the same thing. It's such a horrid thing to go through because you never expect it to happen, you don't understand why it happened, and you of course don't deserve it to happen. I'm not sure if it sounds weird to you but I believe in using special stones and saging my home to make things change for the better.I  go to a special store to get my stones...I'm actually going to the store today! The one I go to is in Mystic, Ct and is called Mystical Elements...they are online too but I'm sure that there are other similar stores near you. I've had my readings done there too..they have meditation cds..incense..candles..herbs. I also go there to destress..I've gone there for so many years that I feel like I'm great friends with the owner! Pink quartz is a great stone to have for healing relationships because it's a stone of love. I hung a necklace with pink quartz on the corner of a picture frame of my son and I..it was an old picture. I think also picturing you getting back together is great...basically visualization. And of course prayers and believing it will happen is good. I also burn candles..certain colors on certain nights...full moon is when you want something to be gone and new moon for when you want something to come into your life. I also watch Joel Osteen every Sunday morning and get his cds to listen to in my car or just when I'm meditating or relaxing. Hope this helps!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2017, 12:30:32 PM »
Thank you nvgt,  that does help.  I have a lot of faith myself and keep on praying.  It's ultimately up to him.  If it were up to me it would have never happened.  You know kids do not come with directions, and I am not saying I am perfect, but you are right, I dont deserve this.  I hope he sees thru whatever brain washing those people put in his head, before I'm gone.  I've seen that happen too, that after the parent is gone, the child sees. 

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 12:42:37 PM »
You're right that it's up to him which is not right or fair because it shouldn't be just up to him. And I'm sure you've spent so much time like I had trying to figure how this happened or why..and crying about it and getting angry too..I've done it all and I still don't and can't understand why all of a sudden I heard from my son...why Friday, why not a couple years ago but also it could have happened further into the future or not at all. I have no conceivable idea or reason as to why it happened and when it did other than God said it was time....but it was our time which doesn't help you or other families going through the same thing..why not you or others...for me it's the perfect time with Lauren coming home and me selling the house...I still have to wait and pray that this does really happen..

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 12:42:37 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2017, 12:47:26 PM »
No  you are wrong there, because it happening to you does help me!  You give me so much renewed hope!!! 
You said you knew of another woman this happened to.. did she have a happy ending?

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2017, 12:49:20 PM »
Aww thanks! She did get to start to see her son and her grandson..how that helps too!! I believe part of the hurt was that he and his family moved further away from her which didn't help.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2017, 12:53:44 PM »
Success stories do help!   I get weary and  it is easy to start thinking negative so those help refresh the much needed hope. 

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »
I agree...they give you hope while you are still waiting for it to happen. I'm doing that with selling/buying my house. Well, I'm off in a few minutes to go to Mystic and relax and get some new stones!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2017, 01:07:49 PM »
Ok,  I'll sit here with my coffee and talk to you later!   :smileyholdingflower:

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2017, 03:46:23 PM »
I just came back from picking up some new stones and a St Joseph Home Selling Kit...basically it's a statue of him that you bury him upside down so his feet point to heaven and he faces your home and you say a prayer. When the home sells you dig him back up and put him somewhere special in your new home! Sounds good to me! Sadly though my friend, the store owner was not there today so I will email her my news! It's so hot here today in the upper 80s... little too hot for me but my house is a bit cooler inside. How is it in Florida today?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2017, 03:56:18 PM »
Wow I never heard of any of that stuff. 

It's nice, not to hot, here, but more rain coming and the skies are dark so it's close

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2017, 04:07:05 PM »
I can still remember the quick rainstorms that would happen around 1 or 2pm each day!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2017, 04:07:05 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms