Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari  (Read 2077 times)

Offline cherie

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
« on: May 30, 2017, 04:26:04 AM »
I'm reading this book for the second time. I have found a lot of life lessons in there. Folks, do you ever take time to be in silence (for at least ten minutes) and think about events in your day? There's a lot of power in taking time to meditate and figure out how to do things differently. Has anyone gotten a hold of this book before?

Offline MaryB

Re: The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 11:16:01 AM »
I have not heard of that book, but silence is an enemy of mine.  I know it should not be but my mind worries and wont shut off!  I worry about the finances..  I worry about my lil dog nearing the end of her life..   on and on..  how do you shut it down?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 11:16:01 AM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 08:15:11 AM »
I have not heard of that book, but silence is an enemy of mine.  I know it should not be but my mind worries and won't shut off!  I worry about the finances..  I worry about my lil dog nearing the end of her life..   on and on..  how do you shut it down?
In summary, the book is a story of one successful lawyer who once got a heart attack in the courtroom. After this life threatening episode, he abandoned his law practice, sold all his possessions (including his treasured Ferrari) and ventured to the east in a pursuit of happiness. He meets some monks who share their secrets and philosophies of happiness.

This is a hard one but however hard it may seem to be, I believe that it's possible to condition your mind to think of only the good things or be at a state that is devoid of any worries and anxieties.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 12:37:06 PM »
Yes,  I believe that too, but it is not so easy for me.  I guess it depends on how much control you"think" you have over you own life...  and really none of us are in total control are we! 

Offline XandO

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 05:49:44 PM »
Yes,  I believe that too, but it is not so easy for me.  I guess it depends on how much control you"think" you have over you own life...  and really none of us are in total control are we!

No, we're not, MaryB. However, I use to fret over every bit and piece of my existence from money matters to losing loved ones and being left behind, until I realized that no matter how much I worried, it didn't change a darn thing, except to increase my anxieties. When I realized that every aspect of life has a beginning and an end, and most times, no matter how much we exert efforts to control our outcomes, the end comes soon enough without so much as being slowed down. As I age I can see what is truly important and what isn't, and then choose what I really want to concentrate on, remembering the experiences that I've learned, and then hone the situations into reasonable snippets that I can handle, with the knowledge that when things are over they're done and that I have done my best to make them right for me. With this, now, I've no regrets and am reasonably happy with things.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 05:49:44 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 07:27:00 PM »
Thanks X..  I know you are right, but sometimes I cannot sleep because I cannot shut my worry down.   It's something I need to work on. 

Offline cherie

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 09:59:33 PM »
Thanks X..  I know you are right, but sometimes I cannot sleep because I cannot shut my worry down.   It's something I need to work on.
I totally agree with you MaryB, seeing that it's until you walk a mile in someone's shoe, that you beginning to understand how people have different experiences and this determines the manner in which they react to issues. For a fact, I worry a lot at times but when I do, I always ask myself if I'm a better person afterwards.

I have suffered bouts of insomnia in the past but you know what, I came back stronger. I used to worry a lot about my kids when they'd go for days without calling but when I eventually let go, they started getting in touch.

The truth is, we can't control everything that goes in our lives. The earlier we tune our mind to worry less, the better.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 01:59:37 PM »
My worry is my husband though, because he does not agree with much of anything the way I see it and he has to always have things his way, no matter if I see him taking us financially in the wrong direction or not.  That's why I will get a  job..  I have to cover what he messes up.   Makes me sick but after 40 years I'm not going anyplace, so I stay up and worry and pray..  looking for a job.. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 01:59:37 PM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 02:08:13 AM »
My worry is my husband though, because he does not agree with much of anything the way I see it and he has to always have things his way, no matter if I see him taking us financially in the wrong direction or not.  That's why I will get a  job..  I have to cover what he messes up.   Makes me sick but after 40 years I'm not going anyplace, so I stay up and worry and pray..  looking for a job..
Such people are the worst to deal with, especially when they can't imagine that anything good can come out of you. Have you tried to change the approach towards such issues? I know you have done enough in the 40 years you talk about and the best we can do to such people is play our part and hope that they can change sooner or later. We have our own shortcomings as a couple, and sometimes our arguments become so heated. I've learnt to play my part and leave the rest to God.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 10:19:15 AM »
haidyl, that is exactly what I need to do, is leave him to God...  it's so hard though when you feel like you are drowning to wait for a rope to be thrown,  you naturally want to try swimming to shore yourself.. 
Thank you for the reminder..

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 10:19:15 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms