Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Downsizing  (Read 29302 times)

Offline GrownChildMother

Re: Downsizing
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2017, 11:22:43 PM »
Sounds really stressful to me! But, it does take time to sell a house sometimes. Try to get some tips from your realtor on how to show your house and get people really interested in it. There may be a few cheap upgrades you can do that will really make the home and property pop so that potential buyers want to make an offer.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2017, 11:22:43 PM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2017, 06:15:19 AM »
He hasn't said too much other than basically keep it ready to show...keep the lawn trimmed. He does real estate full time and has been doing it for many years...I just have a hard time trusting anyone. I've done some touch ups on my own..repainted front door but I don't have the money to do any bigger updates..my realtor actually told me to save my money for my new house because the future new owners will change things after they buy it so you don't want to invest too much in the house your selling.

Offline ava

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2017, 11:46:08 AM »
Sounds really stressful to me! But, it does take time to sell a house sometimes. Try to get some tips from your realtor on how to show your house and get people really interested in it. There may be a few cheap upgrades you can do that will really make the home and property pop so that potential buyers want to make an offer.
It isn't easy selling a house, especially when you have made up your mind about moving and no serious buyers are showing up. My neighbor had a hard time disposing her's and it took her long to finally sell it. She had resigned herself to fate when a buyer showed up on her front door one fine morning.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2017, 11:46:08 AM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2017, 02:59:14 PM »
I can only hope that it happens to me too! I'm so over the whole process. I just finished skyping with my daughter and she doesn't think that I should not lower the price until the house has been on the market for 3 to 4 months.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2017, 04:47:23 PM »
I agree with your daughter.  That house is so beautiful and worth the money.  People may turn it down because they cant afford it but you cant give it away

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2017, 04:47:23 PM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2017, 05:04:38 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate your advise! I don't have to move but I was hoping that if I do get to sell my house and find my new house that it happens before Lauren goes back home at the end of August. It was so weird when I was checking out the condo, how little space there is in one!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2017, 05:15:59 PM »
Do you know the sq footage of the condo?  I mean there are bigger ones right, and you know what you need.  I sure do understand wanting this to speed up.  It's uncomfortable where you are (selling I mean).   I wonder what that realtor is doing to help it along.

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2017, 05:31:18 PM »
The townhouse was bigger..one extra room w/o a closet but no basement and even the single car garage didn't have really any extra room for storage. I kind of wonder what he's doing too. I sent him updated pictures but I don't see them in the profile yet. Is it supposed to be this frustrating?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2017, 06:01:57 PM »
I am curious about your realtor, too.   How long of a contract do you have with him?
Townhouse sounds more practical... maybe not that one but maybe another one.  Is your realtor showing you any of these or are you doing that work on your own?

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2017, 06:04:34 PM »
He hasn't shown me anything because he says I have to sell my house first before I buy my new house. I'm in for a year but I don't think I'll last more than 3 months with this guy..really not much communication, he says he's going to do something and doesn't. I'm getting frustrated and it hasn't even been a month.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2017, 06:29:19 PM »
I'm shaking my head here.   Did you sign a contract?  Anyone here know what nvgt's options are?  Does she have to stay with this guy when he is not up to her standards?   I would want to boot him to the curb!  Grrrrrrr 

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2017, 06:41:43 PM »
in a message on Thursday I sent him an updated photo to put in my listing. It's still not in the listing with other updated info that I gave him. I think I will have to change realtors, maybe I'll give him another month but it's really been stressing me out..losing lots of sleep lately. I messaged my cousin who is a successful realtor..out of state but he can sell in RI..his wife actually is a trained house stager. I will switch to him next. He can't say much right now because I'm under contract but I understand that I can get out of a contract too. I don't need this stress and my daughter is flying home on the 23rd..she doesn't need this stress either...we're getting so involved in her bridal activities this summer that I don't want anything to ruin her fun and our time together. I'm just not sure how long I should wait before I leave this realtor/company?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2017, 07:45:53 PM »
Why do you think you can get out of the contract?  I thought it would be pretty hard?  Well if you get your cousin then they wont be there to show you homes and such, so that may be difficult too.   

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2017, 07:55:11 PM »
I've done some research on it and if there is reason you are supposed to be able to terminate it. It's different if I were in the process of actually selling the house or buying a house but I'm so not close to doing that it looks like with this guy. This realtor does live in this area and my cousin does not, good point. I thought my realtor was going to be better at his job. If I do leave this realtor, I will definitely ask my cousin how good will he be at selling/buying houses for me if you don't live in this area. Both realtors do it full time.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »
Yes you want action and attention!  The realtor needs to be hands on and show you different ways to live so you can see what will and will not work!  Sounds to me like the one you have now is just interested in his commission and not you!  Gosh, more stress for you.  I'm so sorry.   :(

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms