Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Downsizing  (Read 30335 times)

Offline nvgt16

Re: Downsizing
« Reply #180 on: October 08, 2017, 06:16:37 PM »
UPDATE: After having a great "Moving" Sale yesterday and plans to donate the rest, I'm one step closer to moving South!!! The money I made went to pay for my two other teacher certifications. Now just waiting for Florida Dept. of Education to approvie my 3 certifications, then I apply/get hired to teach, and Florida, here I come!!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #180 on: October 08, 2017, 06:16:37 PM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #181 on: October 08, 2017, 06:49:53 PM »
Oh Neale you just have all kinds of good news!! Read your other post and see that your son gave you a surprised visit.. how nice for you since you haven't seen him in a couple years. And you did so well with your yard sale plus  you are steps closer to making your move to Fl.!!!  :banana: :jiggly smiley:  I bet you are just over the moon right now. Enjoy your sons visit and hopefully you'll hear from Fl soon and will be making your move. :)

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #182 on: October 08, 2017, 07:29:43 PM »
Hi, I am...and so surprised! My realtor thought that it would now be harder to leave with Chris' visit home but honestly, it's the total opposite because he gets to see the house one more time before I sell it. Actually both kids have been in the house one more time this past year so it's time to let it go. I had to say good bye to some close friends, because they are both retired and will be driving around the country and won't be back to RI until June and I hope to be out of here ASAP. I'll see them at my daughter's wedding. I also had to say goodbye to another friend who owns this incredible store called, "Mystical Elements" that she is closing next week in Mystic, Ct and she has been my support for over 10 years. She plans on opening a much smaller one sometime next year.  To me she is like a healer..I was so glad that she could finally get to meet Christopher because she has been with me through it all and today was closure with her getting to meet him. She knows Lauren very well!!  So hopefully FLDOE will accept my RI certifications under reciprocity and I will quickly begin to apply for jobs. There was a job in a town that I think is called Wildwood....a bit north of Sun City Center..but I'll probably apply for anything that is reasonably close.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #182 on: October 08, 2017, 07:29:43 PM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #183 on: October 26, 2017, 08:46:41 PM »
Well, it looks like tomorrow is the day for me to decide on taking an offer on my home. No stress, right!? I have been offered a full time public school teaching job down in Florida and would like to be down there by the end of November but it looks like the people with the offer want to take their time..like a 48 day closing and I want a 30 day closing. :017:  I have my movers ready to go. I have my very close friend ready to take me in for a few weeks until I can either get a rental or buy my new home and I've been working with my Florida realtor and lender all along. I need to give my current school district a two week notice too. Then I'm going to have to drive with my kitties down to Florida..another wonderful challenge.  :( Any advice is welcomed!

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2017, 01:04:30 PM »
Wow, you're moving forward at lightening speed.  These are exciting times! I hope those folks hurry things along with their offer and closing. It's so awesome that you already found a job and are raring to go.  You, my dear, are on top of your game.   If you're planning on stopping for the night, try petswelcome.com to find places that will allow them.  AirBnb might be another good place to look for accommodations. 

I've heard Rhode Island is a lovely place to live, but I couldn't deal with all that snow.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2017, 01:04:30 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2017, 01:17:53 PM »
Wow so much has happened for you!!   I am so happy for you that your son visited too!  I cant wait to  hear where you settle in Florida!  We may all get an Empty Nest Mom's get together yet!!!

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2017, 02:25:08 PM »
Hi, seriously hoping and praying for a last minute cash offer on my house and a 3 week closing, in less than 45 minutes. Offer has to be in by 3pm else I have to take a less than good offer. Thanks for the website and lodging places for my trip! I haven't picked up my AAA triptik yet, maybe tomorrow morning. RI is expensive and I'm so over snow, snowstorms, ice, slush, and freezing cold temps. Chris surprised me in early October, total shock to see him after not hearing from him in 2 1/2 years. He left very early yesterday morning and by 6pm he was in Ohio. I'll check in with him later on once I find out if I'm selling my house today...I so want a cash offer and a 3 week closing...I'll know by 3. We definitely will need to have an EN Florida get together and perfect with the holidays coming up in the next few months.

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2017, 06:40:28 PM »
I hope it all worked out, nvgt16!  I'm praying for you.  Hoping for a speedy closing and a quick, easy move to Florida.  Hoping the cats don't caterwaul the whole way too.  Hope you get settled quickly and love your new school.  I'm glad Chris came by!  That's great news!

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2017, 08:07:34 PM »
Hi and thanks! Yesterday I accepted the offer of $258,000 and I only pay $3,000 towards closing...could be worse. They've already scheduled the home inspection for 11/8, so about 11 days away..again trying to be positive, it could have been further. My awesome neighbor came over and cleaned all of my gutters for me..2nd floor ones too and then he renailed the loose roof shingle so that should help at the inspection. I have huge piles of trash for the junk guy coming Tuesday and one more load to donate at Savers then my garage and yard will be all set to go. As of now the closing date is December 16th with the moving company coming on the 15th but if I can I will leave with my kitties as soon as the inspection and appraisal are all set. My realtor will do the closing for me and be at my house to supervise the moving. Then I'll still have 45 days of free storage which would give me to the end of January to find my new home! For my job, today I found out that I'm officially Florida certified now!! So I sent everything to my principal who is sending it to HR so hopefully that is all set and I'll get my teacher's contract soon which I then send a copy to my Florida lender who will have my loan all set for when I find my new home. I was just now trying to see where to put the cat carriers and everything else in my car. I also tested the cats out in the car..just sniffing around..it was interesting 2 out of 3  were okay with it! I also hope that the closing is quick and much sooner than expected and that the ride to Florida won't be as stressful as I have been thinking it will be. I'm also trying to get adjusted to using my gps. I need to add my friend's house as a favorite and hopefully delete ones I don't need anymore. I'd like to be at my new school before school vacation starts I believe December 21st. My son should be arriving in Salt Lake City soon. He called earlier when he was in Colorado and was so excited to see snow and people skiing already!!lol I'm looking forward so much to warmer temps in the winter!!! I kind of wish I knew a more specific day when this would all be done because I want to give 2 weeks notice at work and it's hard to know when to do that.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2017, 03:48:52 PM »
Congratulations nvgt!!!!!!   :banana:   

So happy for you.  Yes, and once you get away from the cold you wont want to go back again.  It's going down to 40 here and that cold air is just cutting!

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2017, 03:57:52 PM »
Thanks! I can't wait to get down there. I'm just hoping it's by this time next month! I think that I'm almost finished cleaning out the house so after Tuesday, everything else will be going South! I have a lot of winter coats and stuff to donate but with 40 degree temps, I'm keeping a few things! That is way too cold for Florida! I'm looking at my AAA maps and triptik, trying to find possible motels that my kitties and I can stay at on the way down. But, how are you doing?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2017, 07:08:09 PM »
I have not worn a coat since I have been here, and this is my 2ed winter..  I never wore one in Tx either, but you may be colder than me.  Now my husband will wear a light coat.  When I get cold here a long sleeve shirt is all I need.  This 40 is a cold front coming down is all. 
I've been beside myself busy.  It's that time of year.  We have had church socials constantly and it's all fun but we're tired.  I think you can get involved in to much.  lol 

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2017, 07:28:05 PM »
I'm so excited for you!  Can't wait to hear about your new digs and new school.  When you put your mind to something you really go all in!  That's amazing!  Glad to hear Chris' travels are going well.  Your neighbor sounds super sweet!

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2017, 07:29:13 PM »
Ok, thanks for the info! I'm bringing 3 coats down...debating on bringing down any winter boots. I just sent this link to the activities just in Sun City Center to my daughter...it's incredible just the things here that I could do!

http://www.suncitycenter.org/visitors/activities.html

I want to find a home that is in walking distance to the swimming pools because I'd use them daily. The arts and crafts activities are crazy awesome! So much the opposite of my life here. That must be fun thought to get out and be with people! How far away are you from Sun City Center?!

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2017, 07:35:22 PM »
My neighbor and his wife and son are so awesome! I will miss them. My son found a great home to live in today so I'm so excited for him, plus it's just so nice to know that your kids have somewhere safe and warm to live! I'm still hoping to be out of here before the end of November and for now I can only look at potential homes until I get there then hopefully in 3 weeks I'll be in my new home! I won't even care if I'm surrounded by tons of boxes. I just want to settle in with my kitties before Christmas! Definitely want to see my new school and meet the principal in person! I started bagging up my winter clothing to donate but will wait until after the inspection to donate them.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2017, 07:35:22 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms