Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Downsizing  (Read 28767 times)

Offline MaryB

Re: Downsizing
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 02:21:26 PM »
Nooooo dont get discouraged.  I know being over tired and over whelmed can work against you dear friend.  wish I were close to help you, really I do!
Yes,  I'm glad you found a site.  What I liked was being able to see pics and details so it kept me from wasting my time looking at the ones that would not work. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 02:21:26 PM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 07:35:34 PM »
Thanks! It's very helpful to see the details and I especially like to see the taxes of the houses. Today I took a break and bought my summer beach pass then spent an hour relaxing at the beach and it was so awesome!! My sister came down to take a few things and I wanted to get her honest opinion on my home and she thought it looked really good! She also stood by me when I had to get some more cat carriers down in my garage. Guess I'm back to a little more packing this weekend. I was hoping to go back to the beach tomorrow but it's supposed to rain. Do you like Florida? My friend just bought a home in Sun City Center...her first home! She moved from an apartment so she didn't have to have the fun of selling a home...lucky her!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2017, 08:23:02 PM »
Just what the doctor ordered!!!   You needed that!
Yes,  I do like Florida.  I prefer the heat over the cold.  I love the sunshine that never ends. 
You'd like it  ;)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2017, 08:23:02 PM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2017, 08:40:32 PM »
I had thought about moving there..I went to the U. of Tampa! But while I'm still working, I need to stay here. I only want a short driveway compared to the long one I have, especially when it comes to winter and the snowfall we get. I have thought about condos but between the mortgage and then an HOA  fees, it's too expensive.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2017, 08:43:40 PM »
Yeah, forget the HOA's..  That's paying for someone to tell you what you cannot do!   :(   Isnt there other options?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2017, 08:43:40 PM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2017, 08:50:11 PM »
Nope, either house or condo...I just don't have the money to pay "2" mortgages although I wouldn't have a problem with someone else do my yardwork and snow removal!!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »
That's good points,  yard-work and snow removal are great selling points!  It's better to have your own place but the thoughts of easy upkeep would be tempting.
When will you retire?

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 09:06:13 PM »
Well, I figure when I'm about 70...so 11 years..just an idea...a lot has to do with my finances...and my new mortgage...that's why I don't want a big mortgage...I also can't picture not working at all and my job is part time...so I should be able to stay in it for awhile.
 Are you retired?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2017, 09:14:52 PM »
No not retired, but without a job right now.  I'm working on that.   I can see having a part time job to keep the blood flowing. 
I hope this is our last move!  (your's and mine!)

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2017, 09:31:53 PM »
It's hard to get a decent job. In September I will have been teaching 2 1/2 years as a part time ESL public school teacher...even though I have more kids than most other schools, they won't make me full time so this fall they are bringing another teacher over..my department head..to help me...I have a small classroom that I will now have to share..not fun at all. But I like what I do...where I move to might be a longer ride to work but I only work to about noon, Monday through Friday. I can sub for other teachers in the afternoon if I want to and on the side I've been tutoring an ESL student privately..cash only. I want to find a home that would be a little bit closer to work..might not happen but when I'm retired, I'm living more towards the beaches. I was thinking I should research which towns offer more to do for senior citizens for when I'm older...I definitely do not want to move again. My family moved a few times when I was growing up...My other concern is that I need to find a home that will be much closer to things to do...right now I've been living in the country and I have to drive to anything..I'd like to be able to walk to a store or a beach..something. I don't like being alone so much..and that's exactly what I've been since my kids left...and they don't plan on living nearby anytime soon. I need to make new friends and I definitely would love to have a guy..it's been many years since I've even gone on a date...

Offline MaryB

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2017, 06:17:09 PM »
I love your life!  I love how you know exactly what you want/need.  You are right to check out the places and see what they offer.   I felt the same exact way, needed/wanted to be close to things.  It is so much better being around people.   It's exciting really!  You are over loaded and over whelmed, but this is the brink of a whole new journey for you, and that's exciting!  I hope that 'friend' is right around the corner in your new life, too..  The thoughts of that prospect are exciting too!   :13:

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2017, 06:39:27 PM »
Wow...I've been struggling financially for many years because of my crappy jobs that I've had to take and now I'm part time in public school...it's kind of scary knowing that I won't have enough money I feel, when I retire. I hope that I will find the right house for me by the end of summer before my daughter goes back home to Spain. You're supposed to trust your realtor, but I honestly don't...he seems to be more talk and less listening it seems like to me. I'm actually taking a sick day tomorrow, I just kind of feel run down. How long did it take you to find your new home..from the time you first started looking until you signed and moved in? I just spent the day organizing my boxes so I know where everything is. Somehow I'm missing a few boxes!?lol I'm up to 116 boxes. I want to be closer to people but at the same time it makes me a little nervous because living in the country with just one neighbor, it will be different being so close to others! It's definitely a new journey...but I think it's time and I think I had to wait for certain things to happen before I got to this point including finding a wonderful man. It would have been nice to have him go through this all with me but I think I had to do this journey basically on my own.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2017, 11:23:59 AM »
I hope you are feeling better.   I really feel lucky to have ran into this place within a couple of months, but keep in mind I wanted Texas, and this is Florida.   It's also a fixer upper that was something out of a horror movie..  well not really, lol, but it was a lot of work.  It just goes to show you have to keep an open mind..   
I have to run now but will come back to talk more to you later..  keep your chin up!!!  You are really doing great, really!!

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2017, 12:35:05 PM »
Hi, I'm honestly quite tired between backaches and headaches. I packed 9 more boxes in my basement last night. I can't do a fixer upper because I won't have the money to fix it up and the ones that I've seen look horrific and creepy too. Off and on I look at a few condos but I don't like the idea of having to share a common wall or storage or a backyard. I did look at some homes that have just sold in this past year and I saw decent homes in my price range that would be ok. I have to have faith and believe that the right seller will come and I'll find an affordable house somewhat soon. Of course, new construction would be so awesome but I'm sure that it's out of the question unless I wanted a tiny house and that would NEVER be right for me.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2017, 03:32:26 PM »
I'm with you.  I would never recommend you buying a fixer upper.  I hope I never have to again  either.  Yeah,  I was thinking of other options for you, other than sharing of the walls!  There is a house that is just right for you, and you are on the verge of finding it!  I would not leave my like up to anyone and would be checking things out for myself.  I'm referring to trusting the realtor.
Ooo  what a bout a retirement village?  They have them here with apartments and trailer parks.  That would be your own place, but small enough to take care of easily?   Tiny yard, etc...  (just thinking here)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2017, 03:32:26 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms