Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Inexpensive hobbies  (Read 1536 times)

Offline JustUs2

Inexpensive hobbies
« on: December 30, 2017, 08:08:49 AM »
I garden in the spring and summer, which keeps me busy.  But with this wet, cold weather I'm going stir crazy.  Is there an inexpensive hobby you enjoy that I could try out?

Empty Nest Moms

Inexpensive hobbies
« on: December 30, 2017, 08:08:49 AM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Re: Inexpensive hobbies
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 12:03:59 PM »
Have you tried indoor gardening? Do like to grow Herbs? Have indoor house plants? I think there are some veggies you might can grow inside if you have a nice sunny window. Might be surprised at how much you can grow. Try some containers that you  could put outside on warmer days. Not sure what your climate is like if you have a lot of snow or if it stays really cold all winter but you could check into some different plants and such.

You might check into some different types of craft projects etc. too. There are a lot DIY stuff you can do. Think of what might interest you and check it out. :)

Offline JustUs2

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 10:25:01 PM »
I like to grow ALL the things and I have a lean-to greenhouse that stays pretty well stocked.  I've thought about adding a hydroponic setup just to change things up.  Containers inside are far better than nothing at all, but I want to be outside digging in the frozen tundra soil. 

I took a low-carb baking class yesterday which was fun.  Plenty of treats to nibble on and new recipes to take home too.

You're amazing at telling a story through photographs, Jeanine! Is that your favorite go-to hobby? 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 10:25:01 PM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 03:34:57 PM »
Oh wow, a low carb cooking class? You'll have to share some of the recipes with us. :)

Didn't realize I was telling 'stories' with my pictures. Of course a lot of the ones added are of members, past and present. They sent them to me and I added them to the new Gallery. I have quite a few of mine that I have been adding but no it's not a hobby, just like to take pictures when I can. :) Especially when we are out fishing. We have some beautiful scenery out on the Gulf here, so the more pics I take the better to have a few come out.  :jiggly smiley:

Sounds like you are going to be a bit antsy until spring gets here or at least some warmer days. We are going to have a cold week coming up, low 20's for a few days and no higher then 40's most of the week.  :a102:  Did Mother Nature forget that this is Florida???

Offline cookielady

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 06:12:50 PM »
Mother Nature forgot to send us a winter here in good ole southern California. Wish we could borrow some of yours-right now it's 83! My garden looks so good right now, except for all the weeds. I love seeing flowers out there this time of year when normally there would be none. When I feel better I'm gonna dead head and feed since our weather has no signs of cooling down anytime soon.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 06:12:50 PM »

Offline EnjoyingLife

• Enjoy your "Senior Years"!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 04:57:40 PM »
Sounds like you are having wonderful weather Cookielady! I noticed in another post that you were having some health issues, hope you are feeling better or on the mend. Garden work can be fun (but hard) work so take it easy!

I like to garden myself and waiting for some good weather to get back out there.  :tinypinkflowers:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 04:57:40 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms