Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Garden Bargains!  (Read 3134 times)

Offline Lyndish

Garden Bargains!
« on: April 10, 2017, 04:55:16 AM »
As plants are coming into the shops, there are a lot of bargains coming up already. My best find so far this year was when I was looking for plants for a rosemary border this weekend. The garden shops were charging a fortune, but one of the local supermarkets was getting rid of its excess herbs for 10% normal price. Nice mature plants, no scale or parasites, and they cost virtually nothing. I got all my border plants and had money left for coffee!

Have you found any bargains for your garden this year?

Empty Nest Moms

Garden Bargains!
« on: April 10, 2017, 04:55:16 AM »

Offline Kidless

Re: Garden Bargains!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 06:41:16 AM »
I went to Lowe's Hardware the other day and bought several peppers and herbs.   I was prepared to pay full price but when I got to the checkout I found they were 10% off.  A nice surprise indeed.

Offline SpotOn

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 09:34:25 AM »
As plants are coming into the shops, there are a lot of bargains coming up already. My best find so far this year was when I was looking for plants for a rosemary border this weekend. The garden shops were charging a fortune, but one of the local supermarkets was getting rid of its excess herbs for 10% normal price. Nice mature plants, no scale or parasites, and they cost virtually nothing. I got all my border plants and had money left for coffee!

Have you found any bargains for your garden this year?

You have to be on the lookout for bargains as they come to pass. This all depends on what part of the country you live in, as well. Up north, where seasons change, that might have an effect on what's offered by retailers, in Florida, not so much. One just has to be astute and diligent, read the papers and go for it!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 09:34:25 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 12:35:43 PM »
I do look out for bargains.  I seek out the shelves where they put the plants that are mostly dead, and they almost give them away.  I have bought many many off those carts over the years, and they are everywhere from Lowes to the grocery stores.  Lately I bought some wonderful little things for 2$, and now they are plump and blooming so pretty.  I dont know what they are called but they are of the succulent family I know. 

Offline SpotOn

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »
I do look out for bargains.  I seek out the shelves where they put the plants that are mostly dead, and they almost give them away.  I have bought many many off those carts over the years, and they are everywhere from Lowes to the grocery stores.  Lately I bought some wonderful little things for 2$, and now they are plump and blooming so pretty.  I dont know what they are called but they are of the succulent family I know.

Well, MaryB, you certainly sound like you have a green thumb! Even though you may plant these bargains, being that they are almost dead and bringing them back to life surely is an accomplishment! I have a brown thumb, healthy plants bite the dust when I plant them! Enjoy your success and money saved!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 03:28:32 PM »
Thank you SpotOn.  I really like plants and I work at keeping them going.  Not sure it comes natural. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 03:28:32 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms