Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mom Saw The Neurologist Today  (Read 1520 times)

Offline GrownChildMother

Mom Saw The Neurologist Today
« on: April 05, 2017, 11:12:29 PM »
We did not get the best news from the neurologist today. My mom's family doctor had been telling us all along she had vascular dementia that was caused by her having mini-strokes when in fact she has moderate Alzheimer's. The neurologist said she did not have the substantial damage to the blood vessels on her brain that indicates it is vascular dementia. He said all her symptoms and the way she reacted to the verbal test he gave her points to Alzheimer's due to aging. She is almost 73 and he did say this was still young for aging to cause this, but it happens that way sometimes. The only thing we can do now is see how the medication he put her on, Seroquel, does at helping her sleep better at night and reducing her hallucinations. Otherwise, we can just wait and see when she slips into the severe stage of the disease and how long that lasts. :(

Empty Nest Moms

Mom Saw The Neurologist Today
« on: April 05, 2017, 11:12:29 PM »

Offline Lyndish

Re: Mom Saw The Neurologist Today
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 02:16:21 AM »
Oh no, that's not good news. At least the doctor can try to reduce the symptoms slightly, but my thoughts to you and your family. Alzheimer's isn't an easy thing to live with, or see in someone you love.

Offline Tamin

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 07:33:19 AM »

That’s a tough diagnosis.  I assume that you are the primary caregiver?  Please give yourself a break every now and then.  Have someone come and sit with mom while you get out of the house for the afternoon.  Being with her 24/7 will wear you down greatly. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 07:33:19 AM »

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 03:26:32 AM »
Yes, it is a horrible thing to see your loved one go through. I am her primary caregiver and I cannot deny it is hard at times. But, I will give her the best care I possibly can. It's funny how her family she used to be so close to have almost totally disappeared. They must think she's contagious.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 03:26:32 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms