Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: When the Nest is Empty, You Start Noticing Things  (Read 2154 times)

Offline SpotOn

When the Nest is Empty, You Start Noticing Things
« on: April 04, 2017, 03:29:31 PM »
This may sound spooky, but now that our marriage is empty of kids, I'm noticing how much my wife and I look alike! Just today, I said to myself, "Geez, if I had an identical twin, she would sure fit the mold, but she's female, and can't!" Has anyone else ever noticed this phenomenon?

Offline Jessalyn

Re: When the Nest is Empty, You Start Noticing Things
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 11:06:17 PM »
That is funny! I have not noticed my husband and I resembling each other, but I have heard that the longer you are around someone the more you look like them. So, it is very possible that others may see a resemblance too.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 11:06:17 PM »

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 07:16:11 AM »
A couple of years ago a door-to-soor salesman mistook my for my husband's daughter. Seeing the glower he hastily corrected it to 'sister'. My husband did not think this was any better, and I cut in before things could get any worse. We're the same age, and we look it.

We look alike so some people's first reaction isn't to think we're married, but it doesn't make my husband very happy since it makes him feel old.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 07:08:14 AM »
I have always heard that the longer a couple stays together, the more they resemble one another.  My husband is a big burly guy so I hope that never happens here.  I also notice sometimes that a person and their dog look somewhat alike.  Have you observed this as well?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 07:08:14 AM »

Offline Flower

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 10:51:29 AM »
I have always heard that the longer a couple stays together, the more they resemble one another.  My husband is a big burly guy so I hope that never happens here.  I also notice sometimes that a person and their dog look somewhat alike.  Have you observed this as well?

I've heard this before about both people and pets. I hear you about hoping it never happens in your marriage. My husband isn't a huge guy, but he's a rugged Texas cowboy and I don't think that would be an attractive look for me!

Offline SpotOn

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 04:00:25 PM »
These replies are all outrageously funny! I hope that I don't start looking like my dog though, she's a boxer! I wonder if the fact of getting to look alike after time has anything to do with your attraction toward your spouse in the first place? Maybe, because you were both younger, the resemblance wasn't noticeable. Just a thought.

Kirsten

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:15:34 PM »
The universe has a weird and wonderful way of working, and although I have noticed this phenomenon in the people nearest and dearest to me, I sure hope it doesn't ever happen to me and my husband. I love the man, but I do not want to look like him!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:15:34 PM »

Offline amsmomm

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 08:32:40 PM »
I've never been told that my significant other and I look alike. I don't think we do. We have a lot of things in common but looks aren't one of them. I think it is pretty cool that you do.

Offline Natasha

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 10:17:33 AM »
Actually, this is quite common. The longer a couple has been together the more they start to look alike. There's a bunch of factors that go into play. There's videos on YouTube that explain how it happens.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 10:45:33 AM »
I only think they do when they are close (best friends)  then even their actions are the same. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 10:45:33 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms