Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tips for growing herbs  (Read 1850 times)

Kirsten

Tips for growing herbs
« on: April 01, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »
I have a desire to grow my own herbs like I've seen some people doing on their kitchen windowsills. Can anyone give me an idea of which herbs are the easiest for a beginner to start with?

Empty Nest Moms

Tips for growing herbs
« on: April 01, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »

Offline Lyndish

Re: Tips for growing herbs
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 01:32:22 AM »
Mint is very easy, but if it gets any seeds into your garden it will grow everywhere. Otherwise, as long as they get sunlight and water, most herbs are pretty easy. If you want to grow them from seed one of the starter kits with three different herbs that some of the shops sell. Rosemary, Thyme, and Parsley have always grown well for me.

Offline Tamin

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 06:17:41 AM »
Basil is very prolific too but it gets really tall.  It may not be the ideal plant for your window sill.  Oregano is also a good one to have but it's like mint.  It will get out of hand if you let it.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 06:17:41 AM »

Kirsten

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 06:20:07 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll see what they have at the shops and make my choice from there between mint, oregano, thyme, rosemary and parsley. Or I may end up trying to grow all of them, who knows. LOL.

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 10:44:20 AM »
I forgot about one really important thing: which herbs do you use? If you are going to use the herbs in cooking, then it makes sense to get ones that your family already eats. If you are just going for decoration or scent, herbs like rosemary are a better bet. It is easy to grow and take cuttings from, and if the leaves are crushed it has a very sweet scent.

Kirsten

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 07:21:40 PM »
I want the herbs for cooking. I think there is a great deal of satisfaction in eating something that you grew yourself, don't you think?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 07:21:40 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms