Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Going out alone.  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Micky

Going out alone.
« on: March 24, 2017, 07:54:24 AM »
With my friends all busy and my DH away I'm feeling really trapped and alone, but I'm wondering if I should go on trips on my own or stay close to the phone in case the children call or I am needed. I feel really selfish going out to places on my own, but then everyone else seems to be doing their thing and I don't have anything.

Empty Nest Moms

Going out alone.
« on: March 24, 2017, 07:54:24 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Going out alone.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:58:07 AM »
I just am concerned that staying in, alone, is not healthy for you!  When I lived in a place where there were no neighbors close,  I had a friend (long distance) that would push me to go to the shopping mall.  Every time I did,  I would just walk on the outside of the stores (going in the shoe store or Hallmark) and every time would run into a friendly person that talked and lightened my loneliness.   I wish you luck with this dear friend.   :smileyholdingflower:

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 04:38:14 PM »
It isn't selfish to go out on your own. If everyone else is doing their own thing, why shouldn't you? A friendly face or just chatting to someone at the shops really helps me feel better when I am down.

If you're worried that the children might call, do you have a mobile phone? If they can reach you anywhere if they need to, then you don't need to worry about missing calls.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 04:38:14 PM »

Tamlyn

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 04:57:58 PM »
The very worst thing that you can do for yourself and anyone around you that you love and care about is to neglect yourself and your needs. You can't give to anyone else when you haven't given to yourself first. Your health and wellbeing come first, and you will find that the more you take care of yourself the more you will be able to become a better parent to your children. Take the time to go out and enjoy yourself and don't ever feel guilty about it.

Offline SpotOn

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 12:47:29 PM »
With my friends all busy and my DH away I'm feeling really trapped and alone, but I'm wondering if I should go on trips on my own or stay close to the phone in case the children call or I am needed. I feel really selfish going out to places on my own, but then everyone else seems to be doing their thing and I don't have anything.

By all means, get out and about, you deserve it! The kids, or kids, I don't know what DH means, are doing his or her, or their own things and living his or her, or their own lives, why not you? Life is too short to waste by the phone and fret about "what's next?" Just do yourself a favor, relax and enjoy going different places, if the young one or ones need you, believe me, he, she or they will be in touch.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 12:47:29 PM »

Offline Micky

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 04:10:28 AM »
Thank you for all your advice. I'm going to try having a look at some of the sights near here and see how it works out. Shutting myself away for retirement seems such a waste.

Kirsten

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 01:54:56 PM »
That's a great idea. No one benefits from your looking yourself up and hiding away from society. I applaud your decision to get back out there and live your best life.

Offline Jessalyn

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 06:56:17 PM »
Go out and treat yourself to a delicious dinner Micky! Go see a movie or play or even get a luxurious massage. I am sure you stay really busy taking care of everyone else most of the time, it is time to take care of yourself.

Kirsten

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 06:23:45 PM »
This just gave me an idea for a little game that anyone can play and that will help you in times like these when you don't know what to do with yourself. Keep a notepad handy where you can write down things that make you happy when you do them. Keep adding to the list until you have hundreds and when you don't know what to do just read through your list and I guarantee you will be motivated to do something - whether it's going out, watching a movie, singing along to some of your favorite music or soaking in the tub.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 06:23:45 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms