Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Taking my life back  (Read 5233 times)

Offline MaryB

Taking my life back
« on: March 20, 2017, 04:31:32 PM »
They say everyone has their limits and I think I've finally met mine.  I feel a renewed strength and awareness that I never had before.  I prayed and asked God to give me wisdom to know the right words to say "NO' to people and hope there wont be any hard feelings.  I have canceled a camping trip with the family causing me grief, and have changed plans so she does not have to come back here, and put things in action taking back my life.  I do not plan on letting anyone, including my sis in law here,  put me in a corner and make me uncomfortable.  Not sure if this is coming out right, but I am here to say I count too and am no one's door mat from here forth!  haahaha

:banana:

Empty Nest Moms

Taking my life back
« on: March 20, 2017, 04:31:32 PM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Re: Taking my life back
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 04:42:39 PM »
:woowhosmiley: :woowhosmiley: You Go Girlfriend!!! Sounds like a good plan and so glad you are taking charge of your life. :cutecheerleader: :cutecheerleader:  You can only take so much and it sounds like you reached yours. Proud of you girl!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 04:52:38 PM »
Thank you Jeanine!!! Ready to kick butt and take names! hahahahaha   :13:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 04:52:38 PM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 05:06:22 PM »
 :) ;) :yeah that:

Offline MomOf2Rugrats

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 06:09:22 PM »
Great job Mary! No matter how difficult it is so worth it! I had to stand up for myself. Didn't go so great, but I'm not miserable anymore at least! When someone is causing so much grief in your life. It's not fair for you to be miserable! Life is too short! Great job!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 06:09:22 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 06:33:02 AM »
Thank you Momof2!  Yes, I'm figuring there will be back lash, but I've finally crossed my limit.  It seems some people will use and abuse you if you let them, and there is NO limit to what they expect!  What gets me is how they don't think you count or deserve anything.  I use to believe that but I dont anymore. 
Tell me this,  after you stood up for yourself, did the people stay in your life or leave?  I'd like to keep peace but not be walked on anymore.  Not sure if you can still have the relationship any other way.

Offline MomOf2Rugrats

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 07:35:24 PM »
They left Mary! I did not want the friendship to end. But, they could not handle the "truth in love" kinda stuff. So, they chose to end the friendship ☹️

Offline Jessalyn

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 11:47:42 PM »
Good for you, MaryB!!!! I have been people's doormat many times myself. It is just plain wrong and it just plain sucks! Sometimes you only have your own back and if other people do not care enough to be considerate of your feelings, it is high time to remove them from your life.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 03:49:20 PM »
Momof2, that's what has kept me in these abusive relationships so long,afraid of losing the people, especially when one is married to my brother, but you know I am done...  when they can think so little of us,  Jessalyn,  then they are not worth bending over backward.  I could go on and on but we all have our stories.  The main thing is I have finally found my limit! 
My first 'standing up for myself' is happening now, then the other 'big' one will be next.  Wish me luck!

Offline MomOf2Rugrats

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 05:46:24 PM »
Best Wishes! It was hard for me at first. But, I realized I had PEACE! And that was a great thing to have!!!!❤

Offline MaryB

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 07:19:42 AM »
Momof2, I already feel that.  It's miserable to do things you dont want to do because someone wants you to..  I already feel better knowing I'm not listening to them anymore.  Sitting here, saying NO is going to be easy, but I know when I'm in front of them it isnt.  They push and push.. I will let them talk, and nod, and keep saying no... 

Offline Katie Ann

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 10:14:54 AM »
I'm terrible at saying "no".  Like most women I'm a born and raised people pleaser.  It's been a few months now since you started the thread, MaryB.  How is the whole thing going?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 03:24:04 PM »
 :039:  Hi Katie Ann!!

Baby steps!!!  That's what I have to say.. Baby Steps!!!  It is true old habits are hard to stop, but they can be.  It seems as soon as anyone is nice to me  I jump to be friends.  So as soon as I wrote this I fell again but the good news is that I am catching my mistakes sooner and stopping before I get in way over my head.  You can do this Katie Ann..  we have to find self worth somewhere deep inside and realize some people are just users and dont want to be friends at all, then as always, it comes to them wanting something we cant do and they dump us, breaking our heart.. 
Thank you for thinking of me... So glad you are here..   
Good luck to us ole softies...  :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Katie Ann

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 06:58:24 PM »
MaryB, it's good to hear that you're doing okay with standing your ground.  Any improvement counts in my book!   I've been working on just that habit forever.  I swear people can take one look at me and know I'll cave.  :dunno:

Offline MaryB

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 07:12:08 PM »
That's true, Katie Ann!  I dont know how but they can spot you (and me)!
Maybe it was a lesson we missed out on in our childhood.  What do you think?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 07:12:08 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms