Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What are we teaching our children?  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Tamin

What are we teaching our children?
« on: March 20, 2017, 07:22:53 AM »
Beauty and the Beast hit an all time record at the box office this past weekend.  A good fairy tale to be sure but I don't think the original had any gays in it.  Being from a strict moral background, I would just as soon my grandchildren not see this movie.  In the book that I read, this is not acceptable and I'd like my grandchildren to know. 

Offline MaryB

Re: What are we teaching our children?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:26:56 PM »
Good luck with that.  I lost my son over my morals (not letting them sleep together in my house before they were married).. and man oh man have I gotten come down on for it.  Seems in todays age if you arent liberal you are dead  meat..   I do respect your values. :13:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:26:56 PM »

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 03:46:38 AM »
I haven't seen it, but I have heard that the scene cuts both ways: not liberal enough to please liberals and not discrete enough to please the conservatives. All it is (and pardon me for spoilers) is that during a dance when LaFou switches partners, he dances with another guy and looks happy about it. That's it. It just seems like a lot of fuss over nothing - the Morecombe and Wise comedy team did that in the seventies!

Offline Kidless

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 02:51:17 PM »
Good for you MaryB for sticking to your guns.  I feel that one day when your son has children of his own, he may come back around to your way of thinking.  It's the waiting that makes you sad.  Morecombe and Wise may have done this in the 70's but......everyone knew it was all in fun.  Today it's way to serious.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 03:52:29 PM »
Thank you kidless...   :cute group hug:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 03:52:29 PM »

Kirsten

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 04:17:05 PM »
Everyone has their own perspectives on how they want to raise their children, and it's their right to teach them what they think is right or wrong, but I do feel that maybe as a grandparent, it might not be your place to tell them that 'gays' are immoral. What if the parents are more tolerant and have actually taught the children to respect people's lifestyle choices?

Offline Jessalyn

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 01:22:18 AM »
I was raised with the same strict, old fashioned morals. I have not seen the movie and did not know there were any gay scenes in it. If I had young children and I knew a movie had any scenes in it that went against my morals, my kids would definitely not be seeing it.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 01:22:18 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms