Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Did You Expect It To Be Lonely  (Read 8179 times)

Offline Quiet Abode

Re: Did You Expect It To Be Lonely
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 05:49:39 PM »
I agree....spent my whole life being a mom I never made adult friends, now everyone has their own group already.
That's true, but you can always make friends.  People do it all the time when they move, join a new church, or a new  job.  I know it's easier said that done and goodness knows I've had my sad moments too.  I looked through the paper and found a class I wanted to take at the community center.  I felt awkward at first, but it wasn't long until I met a couple of gals I really liked. 

I'm so glad you joined in!  This is a wonderfully supportive community.  They've lifted me up more than once.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 05:49:39 PM »

Offline Maryannek

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 06:37:11 PM »
I don't know if it's my area but I've tried the meetups....cant get hubby on board though and there all into big dinners or concerts.  I would just like to meet for coffee and get to know people. I'm looking for friends not trying to impress anyone.
My kids are not far and I do we them a lot but I really miss having adult friends to call on and to also be needed for them.
Hope it gets better.

Offline Indiana

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 02:26:41 PM »
The feeling never totally goes away whether you expected it or not. I have learned to make a schedule for the next day on the night before. That way my time is spoken for. My mind is always working or doing something productive.

Your kids, no matter how old they are, will always be in the back of your mind though.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 02:26:41 PM »

Offline Totallyempty6yrs

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 09:05:22 AM »
Did you expect it to last so long:
I don't see how and where I can put my comment on this subject? Please help?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 09:16:23 AM »
Did you expect it to last so long:
I don't see how and where I can put my comment on this subject? Please help?

My heart totally goes out to you.  You've been hurting for 6 years?  I think we always miss the days where our children were in our lives and we were so much a part of theirs.  I think like Indiana said they never leave our minds, but we have to kinda push them down a bit so we can go on.  Honey you have to live and adjust .  This is a new part of life really.  -hugs and love

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 09:16:23 AM »

Offline Totallyempty6yrs

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2018, 09:15:07 AM »
Thank you so much for your reply:
I want to make it clear that I thought I had my life together. I had gone back to school to get my degrees and was ready I thought to now have a career. Well, then I was informed that my resumes weren't being answered because of my age, so I got help to get that fixed.
I learned that this man that I've been married to for over 30 years has never been attentive and loving, the way I need. So, I see how the children were the cure for that. The children kept me busy so that I did not notice what I feel that I'm missing now. So, I can't blame him for what he's never done or known. Then after being very angry with him for not being my night on that white horse. I realized that he can only be who he is and I'm grateful.  He's not a talker and feelings guy like I am, but he's a good father, and together we made some pretty fantastic children.
I now find myself wanting hugs and words of comfort that I kept giving him and he thwarted those gestures, because they are not him,

I had hobbies and other interest, but they involved my children. Sewing, despite our tight income. My replications of the latest styles (as I was told by a few of the Teachers), kept them wondering what my daughter would be wearing next along with her mix-matched shoes,during the Blossom Show years. My husband would ask what was said about her Sunday Best outfits by the members. I had other hobbies and am member of other general and women groups. Thanks for this forum to express myself.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2018, 03:46:26 PM »
Oh 6years, I can totally identify!  Why is it opposites attract?   That's why we need girlfriends (my humble opinion).  I do think the lucky ones are the ones that have the best friend in their mate, but for people like you and me, we need each other.  Hang in there and know you are not alone, and you are going to make it.  It's survival,  we have to .   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Totallyempty6yrs

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2018, 04:48:53 PM »
Thanks again Mary B. I appreciate it.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2018, 05:56:57 PM »
6yrs,  it's not much but know I'm here if you want to talk.  Wish I could help you more. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2018, 05:56:57 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms