Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I have the Urge!!  (Read 5449 times)

Offline Kidless

I have the Urge!!
« on: March 15, 2017, 07:27:46 AM »
Having grown up on a farm, I get the urge to dig in the dirt about this time every year.  However, I'm having to sit on myself this year.  We have downsized and I do not want a bunch of plants and flowers that I have to water during the heat of the summer.  I tried to plant some tomatoes in pots last year but they just didn't do well because of the weather.  We have a local farmers market that will do me just fine this year.  The urge is still there but I think I can curb it.  LOL!   :13:

Empty Nest Moms

I have the Urge!!
« on: March 15, 2017, 07:27:46 AM »

Offline MomOf2Rugrats

Re: I have the Urge!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 09:24:56 AM »
Maybe a few flowers in pots?Will get you digging in the dirt a bit, but not having to much to do? Last year I planted a tomato plant in a pot. I got a few, but it didn't do so hot. Planted mint & a few other things in small pots. Bell peppers in a raised bed. They did way better than I thought. And I planted strawberries in the same bed. Not knowing what I was doing  :rofl:  hoping the strawberries survive being in a raised bed. Someone told me they wouldn't have much protection from cold weather being in a raised bed. We shall see! I bought some tomato cages (i think that's what you call them?I'm new to the whole plant stuff HAHA). I found an idea on pinterest. If you turn them upside down you can grow squash on them, supposed to be a space saver i guess?

I was going to buy a cheap tiller last year. I waited to late i think. But, my husband said I didn't need to be messing with a tiller  :dunno:  lol!!! He thinks he needs to do all of that kind of stuff for me. But, yet, I need something to do. And, I am a lil accident prone. So, i didn't want anyone to think he was being bossy. Because if I want to do it I will HAHA!!

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:42:57 PM »
My hubby is the same way Mom.  He tried to talk me out of all the things I planted last year but then decided to let me see for myself.  I found out and now he's happy I won't have so much to tend to.  I will plant some herbs in pots.  They grow quite well in the summer. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:42:57 PM »

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 03:18:19 PM »
I used to love spring time because that meant getting my flower beds ready for lots of gorgeous blooms. Sadly, my broken down body won't let me do this anymore.

Offline Micky

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 08:02:42 AM »
I gave up gardening here. The slugs eat everything and nothing ever stops them, not poison, not slug traps and beer, not even salt. It's perfect for them in this damp climate and I got tired of watching my flowerbeds get eaten. They even got the hanging baskets.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 08:04:35 AM »
Oh yes, I agree,  plants or veggies in pots is better than none at all!!!   :smileyholdingflower:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 08:04:35 AM »

Kirsten

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 04:12:40 PM »
I don't think you could go wrong with a couple of beautiful flowers in small pots or some herbs for your kitchen windowsill. Those will be enough to satisfy your 'craving' while not being too much work for you in the long run.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 07:12:12 AM »
Since my first post I have given in to my urge and planted two pots of spring onions and one pot of spinach/lettuce. Everything is growing nicely.  Herbs will be next but nothing like I had last year.  My fingernails have dirt under them and I'm a happy girl.  :)

Offline MaryB

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 07:51:41 AM »
Oh yes,  and then the satisfaction of watching them grow!  I'm with you!!!    :13:

Kirsten

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 06:28:58 PM »
You inspired me, too, Kidless. And I'm actually planning my gardening project as we speak and I'm going to get started by the week end. I'm just starting with some simple herbs and then maybe I'll graduate to something a bit harder if that works out.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 09:43:16 AM »
Ok, my little potted veggie plants are in.  Now dont laugh..   I have 4 tomato plants, 2 bell pepper plants,  2 jalapeno plants (second year for them and have been producing real good) and put cucumber seeds (5)(hahaha)  in the ground this morning.  If they do well I will have enough to share but not so much to waste.  I dont want to waste any..  Wish me luck!   :goodpost:

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 09:58:55 AM »
Oh Mary I think container gardens are the best and it sounds like you have a good one going. Just want you want and won't take up all your time to take care of. How are your cucumbers coming along? You know if you were to plant a little lettuce in there  you could have the makings of a good salad!  :banana:  Good luck with it all. :13: 

Offline MaryB

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 01:00:50 PM »
Ahhh the seeds are not up yet, but good thinking with the lettuce..lol
I hope things will do well.  The peppers and tomatoes have buds!!!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 03:22:39 PM »
Oh my goodness!  I went out to water the seeds, and by George, they ARE up!!!  There are 6 little leaves!!   :13:

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 04:28:31 PM »
Oh Maryb, sounds like you have a nice little garden going! Good for you.  :13:  I've been wanting to plant a few things but keep putting it off, better get started if I want something before summer is gone! Keep up the good work.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 04:28:31 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms