Empty Nest Moms AND Dads! > Venting!

Feeling Extremely Emotional

(1/2) > >>

MomOf2Rugrats:
Yesterday I was doing well! In a pretty good mood. Took a walk with a friend. I came home, smashed my finger in my car door. After I got over feeling like I was going to vomit or pass out. I was still in good spirits. Planned on going to church. Was going to start dinner about 2 minutes before my son & his girl walked in the door. They normally let us know they are coming. Soo, I didn't have enough food to cook for 2 extra people. But, they walk in & the dog is barking. She starts chasing the dog. Dog gets scared, jumps up next to me. And I was baby talking the dog. Trying to calm her down. And she says well she was being stupid. Then shes walking around putting her things down. But, grumping about stuff, and my son said she didn't want to come. And i guess he wanted to come home and hang out. Between school, work & life. He doesnt get to come home too much anymore. She said, yea, i did not want to come & was still grouching. Then a few other things happened. Plus I showed her my finger & she was rude, but my son was like WOH ouch that looks painful. The "air" just felt so hostile. And, I had tears in my eyes, so I went to my room so I wouldnt cause a scene. I cried & cried. It just really sucked. Because, I feel like every time I see my son. She's mostly grumpy or tired. And, it doesn't feel the same anymore. I really felt bad that he wanted to come home & was being made to feel bad about it. And I went to my room & didnt get to see him. Thought Id be better today, but still emotional & dont have motivation & I have tears in my eyes. Need to get myself together & I dont feel like I can :( i stop crying & start right back up. I dont get it? Things were calm & didnt expect the extreme mood change. Just not sure why my sadness has continued into today?

MaryB:
I dont blame you one bit.  I would feel the same way.   :(   I do not know why our sons cannot see us without their sig other's when their wife/gf does not want to see us!  My brother use to come see my parents every Sunday, alone.  Now everyone knew his wife didnt want to see us and none of us cared..  my brother came!  Everyone was happy.   My son too, has a girl that didnt want his dad or me in their life and now he is not in our life at all.  I wished so bad he could stand up to her and come see us.  Maybe you will have better luck with your son and he will figure that out. 
 :cute group hug:

MomOf2Rugrats:

Thank you Mary!Ugh! I cried & cried to my friend. Still feeling bummed about it. But, feel way better after talking here & with her. I felt the same way. I feel if she didnt want to come, she shouldve stayed back & drove to church later. At least all the negative energy wouldnt have been spewing out everywhere. She likes us. So I'm not concerned too much. Just really hurt my feelings yesterday. My husband keep saying shes stressed, shes stressed. Well, I understand, but, acting icky isn't solving or making anything better. :(

--- Quote from: MaryB on March 02, 2017, 02:30:27 PM ---I dont blame you one bit.  I would feel the same way.   :(   I do not know why our sons cannot see us without their sig other's when their wife/gf does not want to see us!  My brother use to come see my parents every Sunday, alone.  Now everyone knew his wife didnt want to see us and none of us cared..  my brother came!  Everyone was happy.   My son too, has a girl that didnt want his dad or me in their life and now he is not in our life at all.  I wished so bad he could stand up to her and come see us.  Maybe you will have better luck with your son and he will figure that out. 
 :cute group hug:

--- End quote ---

MaryB:
The young one is stressed huh..   well now..   The young people have such different standards than we were raised with.  I would never have disrespected my mother in law, no matter what stress I was under.  Seems we always have to bend to their feelings.  Hogwash..  grow up

Oops...    :dunno:

MomOf2Rugrats:

True True! I have kinda learned how to be a certain way or just stay out of the way in my own home. It's stressful, but, its all I know to do. I hate confrontation & don't want to make anyone mad. Going to have to figure out a way to spend some one on one time with my son. So I don't have to deal with the stressed attitude. Im really hoping a lot of the stress lifts soon & things get back to normal!

--- Quote from: MaryB on March 02, 2017, 05:50:08 PM ---The young one is stressed huh..   well now..   The young people have such different standards than we were raised with.  I would never have disrespected my mother in law, no matter what stress I was under.  Seems we always have to bend to their feelings.  Hogwash..  grow up

Oops...    :dunno:

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version