Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What do you have in common?  (Read 6701 times)

Offline MaryB

Re: What do you have in common?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2017, 06:42:25 PM »
Oh duh!!!    :dunno:

Well has anyone else responded?  I know some people think this is a secret to hurt for missing our children.  We all go thru it, and we all survive, but talking to others that know what it's like sure helps

Offline Mom56

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 12:24:40 AM »
Im trying to discover the man i was attracted to 34 yrs ago( our 30th anniversary is this weeen)
I have actually posed the question "what do we have in common no-before it was parentin our only(22)
Do you like theatre, symphonies?  Then we should go to these things- Let's DO things that we enjoy, together
Like someone replied above I, too, am the one who Plans things for us to do, after suggesting to him

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 12:24:40 AM »

Offline nette

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 05:55:30 PM »
What was the reply?

Offline Maggie

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 04:04:44 PM »
My husband and I have everything in common.  After reading your alls comments, I appreciate that more now.  Before I thought it was weird.  It's like we're becoming each other in a way. 

I hope it's okay to reply to older threads.  I just like the topic.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 04:04:44 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 04:46:33 PM »
It's good to reply and bring attention to old threads because you dont know who they will help today.
I'm happy for you, Maggie. You have a marriage like it's supposed to be.  We all think we are marrying our best friend,  but darn if I know where it all goes south..  WAke up one day and see it was all a lie. 

Offline Maggie

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 09:58:21 AM »
It's good to reply and bring attention to old threads because you dont know who they will help today.
I'm happy for you, Maggie. You have a marriage like it's supposed to be.  We all think we are marrying our best friend,  but darn if I know where it all goes south..  WAke up one day and see it was all a lie.
We were friends for years before we got married, but I sometimes think we've meshed into one giant monster rather than having separate identities.  We've even gotten to where we dress the same.  And believe me, it's not on purpose. 

So, why can't you take a weekend off with your gal pals?  Time away can help tremendously.  I didn't go off much when the kids were around and we couldn't have paid for a trip either, but heading to my sisters for a weekend was doable. 

Nette, I hope you're doing okay today!

Offline CatMom

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 01:09:11 PM »
I let mine go way back when. Not that I'm recommending that! I was doing it all on my own anyway and he'd appear just to gum up the works. Thankfully he didn't completely disappear like some men do. He's close to the girls and we can hold up a conversation.

I do notice that jobless men can be clingy. They just don't know what to do with themselves. Part of why I always admired my father. He ended up retiring before he was ready, but stayed busy with his garden, wood carving and the like. There's always something out there if you want to find it!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 01:09:11 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 02:53:49 PM »
Maggie that's so good that you are that close.  I see couples like that that even walk similar..  lol  It's cute and you can tell they are the best of friends.

CatMom,  that's what the retired bored male or females need, are hobbies!   I can keep busy all day and my husband sits..  he naps,  goes out to smoke and comes in and sits..  I can think of 100 things he could do but he has to want to do something! 

Offline Natasha

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2017, 12:01:26 AM »
It's crazy how when the kids are gone you notice things that you didn't before. Hang in there, kidless, you married him for a reason, right?

Offline Becki

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2017, 01:45:27 PM »
I am in the almost exact situation as Kidless.  My daughter has gone to college and we moved into our vacation home after we sold the primary residence (at the unhappiness of my daughter).  We decided that we could like a much better quality of life there  Did your kids have a fit as well, Kidless?  They don't think about what we want, just that we "should have left the house to them". 

Offline cherie

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2017, 03:27:42 AM »
Nette, my heart goes out to you because you are such a fighter and God bless you for your big heart. I'm sure that in a way, hubby feels and appreciates your kindness. As for my case, we don't have a lot of similarities. We watch different shows and have varied preferences but above all, he few things that we agree on, have kept us going.

Offline nette

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 09:25:54 AM »
Cherie and Maggie,
thank you so much for your kind words.
Daughter has moved out by now and we manage. Son still living here, but rarely home, busy studying plus friends plus girlfriend.
I restarted husband on therapy (physical and language) again, hoping it would help (plus he is gone twice weekly :039: ), but I do not see a great difference. He still is friendly, helpful, but like a shadow, living beside me but at a distance. When I am well I think I can manage till the end, when I am down, I want to scream.
Yeah,well, things could probably be worse.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 09:25:54 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms