Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Can Guys Take Up the Slack in an Empty Nest?  (Read 1337 times)

Offline XandO

Can Guys Take Up the Slack in an Empty Nest?
« on: February 13, 2017, 12:52:47 PM »
Women go through quite an ordeal, emotionally and physically, when the kids leave home. Guys do too, but in different ways. How can guys "take up the slack" and contribute in ways to ameliorate the grief of this part of life in order to make the entire household better off. Any thoughts?

Offline MaryB

Re: Can Guys Take Up the Slack in an Empty Nest?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 06:25:31 PM »
I have a lot of thoughts on this.  From what I know of you here, X, you are a good caring partner to your wife.  That loving companionship is just what the doctor ordered.  You should be giving the ideas...   :13:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 06:25:31 PM »

Offline MomOf2Rugrats

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 10:01:49 PM »
Although we still have a 17 year old in the home. More days than not, i feel as though our nest is empty. I have expressed to my husband- that I have felt like I've needed him more than ever, lately. We found a show on netflix that we were watching together.. Which ended, so we are going to find a new show to watch. He has worked Saturdays from morning to late afternoon, evening for years. But, with our son out of the home & our 17 year old, her plans don't include me much. I have felt soo lonely. And, needing connection with my husband (friendship type connection). So, he stayed home 2 Saturdays ago. And we hung out for the day. This past Saturday, he worked a few hours. Came home at noon. We went for a motorcycle ride. And had a great time together. He said, his plan was to start either taking more Saturdays off. Or only working for a few hours. I think there are ways for the guys to "take up the slack". I don't care what we do, i just have really felt lately that I need a deeper connection wit him. Not only intimacy, but friendship.

Offline XandO

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 06:19:07 PM »
I'm glad to hear that your husband is responding to you so well, "Mom"! He sounds like a pretty decent guy. I'm sorry to hear that you are sooo lonely because of your 17 year old daughter's newly found independence, this is such a profoundly sad part of life that a mother has to face. My best wishes are for you to find solace in this most difficult time. God Bless.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 06:19:07 PM »

Offline SpotOn

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 03:05:01 PM »
Women go through quite an ordeal, emotionally and physically, when the kids leave home. Guys do too, but in different ways. How can guys "take up the slack" and contribute in ways to ameliorate the grief of this part of life in order to make the entire household better off. Any thoughts?

Yes, I do have a thought. Even though a husband should treat his wife as someone special, make the effort to treat her as even more special. Bring her flowers or candy every now and then as a surprise. Listen to her more intently about her "kid loneliness" while sharing yours, if any. And, most of all, be sympathetic as much as you can be, you're hurting, but I'm sure that she's hurting much more.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 03:05:01 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms