Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Care takers for elderly in laws?  (Read 1640 times)

Offline faith01

Care takers for elderly in laws?
« on: December 30, 2016, 05:06:06 AM »

Hi all,
Me and my husband live with his parents, now we are heading for a long holiday. So they will be left alone my husband is really worried to leave them alone and go. They need someone to give them food and medicines at the right time. So, I suggested that we could hire caretakers until we come back. I have found a caretaker from a Toronto based health service provider, http://www.c-care.ca/ . Has anyone done anything like this? Is it right to leave them in the hands of care takers and go for holidays?

Empty Nest Moms

Care takers for elderly in laws?
« on: December 30, 2016, 05:06:06 AM »

Offline Lyndish

Re: Care takers for elderly in laws?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 04:31:53 AM »
It is a good idea to think ahead like this anyway, not just for holidays, because if you or your husband are unavailable due to illness or work, it means you already have someone available as a fallback while you get better.

Have you spoken to your In-Laws about what they think? If they are going to be looked after by the nurse, they might like to have a say in who it is. For the sake of your and your husband's peace of mind is it possible to have the nurse in now, so that you and your inlaws can both approve her before you need her services and have time to find an alternative?

My Grandparents had a home help who came in regularly to give them a hand, who they liked because she knew all the local gossip, and it made them feel less like they were imposing on the family (it was no use telling my Grandmother she was welcome). They could go back to being parents, not patients.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 06:48:20 AM »
That's a great idea!!!  I would invite the caretaker in before you leave and let your in-laws meet and approve them.  Most important is that you and your husband get away.  Being the primary caregiver all the time wears you down.  I know from having my mother-in-law live with us until she passed away.  You two go away, have a good time and you'll be refreshed when you get back.  Enjoy!!! :13:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 06:48:20 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 06:10:26 PM »
I do hope you find someone you can trust to help out, that gets along with your in laws.  They are precious and  need the care, and you need a break now and again.  It's as important for you and them. 
Good luck   :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 06:10:26 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms