Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cataracts and Canines?  (Read 5619 times)

Offline MaryB

Re: Cataracts and Canines?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 06:55:08 PM »
That's what I'm thinking, GT!  As long as I have the meds and keep a close watch on her eye,  I think we can stretch out the visits.  I do feel he took advantage of us, and that makes me so mad..  that's taking advantage because he knew how much she meant to me, us...  You cannot make me believe that little strip, like a diabetic strip cost 35 bucks!!!!  He stuck that in her eye to see if she was making enough tears in 60 seconds.. he did that to her GOOD eye!!!!  Grrrr..   
Thank you, GT.... :cute group hug:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 06:55:08 PM »

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 11:05:12 AM »
I can guess why he did those tests because we went through the same with ours, but he should have explained and it didn't cost us nearly that amount for the same tests!

The yellow dye lets them see how deep the injury is and how much it is healing, and the strip is to test she is producing enough tears because sometimes tear production in the good eye goes down after an injury to the other. But the total cost for ours was under three figures so I am stunned he is charging so much.

Are there any animal charities or sanctuaries that will help locally? Our RSPCA has free clinics for people on limited incomes. Could you try something like that, so Mia can get treated without it being too much of a strain on your finances?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 12:43:19 PM »
ohmygoshLyndish!!!!!!!!  Thank you for that!   Wow, now that makes sense...  tell me, please, that your furbaby ended up well?
You made me feel so much better because I was seriously feeling abused..  lol  Like you couldnt tell! 
 :cute group hug:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 12:43:19 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 12:44:48 PM »
Oh and about getting help with her, I dont guess there is help here because our vet sent us hours to this doctor saying he is the nearest to us... 

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 01:02:17 PM »
Sorry to hear there is no one nearby that can help (or save you some funds).

With ours, once the eyedrops healed the inflamation, he got much better very quickly. He never had normal vision, but he lived several very happy years with us anyway and we just had to learn not to move furniture. I hope Mia has many happy years ahead of her too!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 01:02:17 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 04:48:01 PM »
She goes back to her ophthalmologist tomorrow so I'll let you know.  The hole is still there but looks smaller to us both.  I'm hoping for a good report.  I know since you explained what he is doing it makes me feel better, although I'm going to tell him, er, ask him, to go easy on us because we cannot afford another huge bill.  I't only been 2 weeks...
I'm glad your furbaby did well. 

Offline MaryB

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 08:26:52 PM »
2 weeks ago the ophthalmologist was concerned Mia could lose her eye...  today it is almost healed!!!!  Woooo Hoooooo!!!  Now that's Jesus!!!  Thank you for the prayers.  There is still a hole and it has what looks like blood in it and the doc explained it is the blood vessels healing it!  I am so so thankful. 
Afterward we went to Sam's club.. 

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 04:37:37 AM »
2 weeks ago the ophthalmologist was concerned Mia could lose her eye...  today it is almost healed!!!!  Woooo Hoooooo!!!  Now that's Jesus!!!  Thank you for the prayers.  There is still a hole and it has what looks like blood in it and the doc explained it is the blood vessels healing it!  I am so so thankful. 

Afterward we went to Sam's club..
When I saw the small print I feared the worst, but I am so glad to read your update (after copying and pasting it into Word!). Go Mia! All the best and we're all rooting for you!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 03:57:37 PM »
shucks..  dont know why the small print.  I know it gave me fits to try to post the pic there ... 
Thanks for caring Lyndish..  it means a lot!   :cute group hug:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 03:57:37 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms