Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kitten outside for the first time!  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Lyndish

Kitten outside for the first time!
« on: February 20, 2017, 06:34:58 AM »
Well, our kitten has been growing up. She doesn't really look like a kitten anymore, although she still acts like one. Following the rescue's rules, we've let her outside for the first time last week (the garden is fenced and secure because of our last cat), and she really doesn't want to come in. My fitness routine now includes an hour of trying to lure an unwilling kitten back indoors! Does anyone have any tips for slowly and safely introducing her to the outdoors, because I get my heart in my mouth every time she decides to run up a tree or hide under a bush!

Empty Nest Moms

Kitten outside for the first time!
« on: February 20, 2017, 06:34:58 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Kitten outside for the first time!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 08:50:48 AM »
Oh my goodness!   I would be concerned too! Can you make a kitty box outside and put her food and water there, just in case you cant get her inside?

Offline GettingThere

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 03:21:53 PM »
I've had lots of cats over the years, some that wanted to stay inside all the time and some that once they went out, that was it. The only time they really wanted to come back in was to eat, get out of the rain or get warm in winter! As long as there are no real danger for her outside, I wouldn't worry to much. Do you feed her in or outside? Food usually does wonders in luring a cat/dog in or outside....Good luck!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 03:21:53 PM »

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 04:42:10 AM »
Well, she's taken to the outdoors quite well, although we're limiting her time outside. Actually the rain means she limits her own time out, but it works out the same. Putting the foodbowl by the door where she can see it does wonders to get her in.

She's still supervised, but she's being a bit more careful now: The first tree climb was followed by the first desperate yowls as she realised she couldn't get down, followed by her first stepladder rescue, so from then on she's treated the outdoors with a bit more respect!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »
awww you are a good mommy!   :smileyholdingflower:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »

Offline Kidless

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 06:56:14 AM »
Yes you are a good mommy!!!!  Maybe if you put the food dish by the door and left the door ajar she would come in on her own.  In the meantime, if the garden is secure don't worry too much.  Also you may want to consider sitting outside on the porch and reading while she is out there.  I'll bet you will have a lap cat before too long. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 06:56:14 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms