Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The kids not calling often  (Read 2436 times)

Offline cherie

The kids not calling often
« on: December 11, 2016, 11:03:40 PM »
My nephew starting living on his own about 5 months ago and initially, he would talk to all of us on phone frequently. Nowadays, he rarely calls and doesn't easily answer his phone. His mother once joked that he must have found someone who's keeping him busy (perhaps a girlfriend?). I was wondering if this something that happens when kids start living on their own? 

Empty Nest Moms

The kids not calling often
« on: December 11, 2016, 11:03:40 PM »

Offline Peyton45

Re: The kids not calling often
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »
I think this is pretty common once our children start living on their own. Life really opens up for them and they become so busy that they don't always have the time to stop and talk. I'm sure he'll come around when things to start to slow down or if he needs help with something.

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 12:45:35 PM »
When my son and his girlfriend first moved out on their own, I heard from them maybe twice a week. Now that they are married and have been out on their own for a few years, I talk to them several times a day. However, this is usually though social media or by text.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 12:45:35 PM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 04:35:23 AM »
When my son and his girlfriend first moved out on their own, I heard from them maybe twice a week. Now that they are married and have been out on their own for a few years, I talk to them several times a day. However, this is usually though social media or by text.
It's much better this way, that is if at some point the kids start communicating frequently. I always tell his mum to let him be; he will start communicating at some point but I guess some things are easier said than done.

Offline XandO

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 01:34:00 PM »
I think that it depends on the individual pertaining to frequency of contact. As a rule, though, I would go along with the fact that your nephew has indeed found some new outlet for his attention, and is in no way ignoring you or is miffed at anything about your relationship with him. Wait for awhile, and if you don't hear from him, then, you can call him to see what's up.

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 04:26:35 AM »
Do you remember what it was like when you first moved out on your own, especially going to college? There was a new job and new people, and trying to manage your own laundry and food, and the noisy neighbour, and all the paperwork like bills and rent that can be a very nasty shock.

After five months he will have created a routine and now be making friends, getting things settled and generally building a life for himself. Give it a few years and once he has settled down and gone through all the upheaval he will probably be in touch much more often.

If he doesn't answer the phone, could you try something like email or Facebook where he can answer your message when it is convenient? He might not always be in places where he can answer a phone, or not get good reception.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 04:26:35 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms