Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Catching up with technology  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Scatter

Catching up with technology
« on: November 15, 2016, 12:47:12 PM »
I think the young ones are really quick on catching up with technology and internet. Now that I have more free time, it doesn't sound like a bad idea to get to know more beyond this forum. What do you suggest?

Empty Nest Moms

Catching up with technology
« on: November 15, 2016, 12:47:12 PM »

Offline SadieG

Re: Catching up with technology
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 08:23:19 AM »
That sounds like a great idea. Check out your local colleges - my local one offers free evening classes to learn computer skills and how better to use the Internet and things like that. That may be a good place for you to start.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 04:09:07 PM »
The younger lads are definitely so swift and it will help if you find a place to fine-tune your computer skills. I am particularly interested in knowing more about internet security. Cyber crime and bullying continue to advance day in day put.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 04:09:07 PM »

Offline Scatter

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 07:05:42 AM »
SadieG, that type of classes sound exactly like what I need. I agree with haidyl about internet security. It's great that we have so many apps and gadgets nowadays that can help our lives, but the risk of being hacked is equally scary. Researching alone is not always accurate.

Offline Laura

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 02:41:17 PM »
That is a very good idea. But my suggestion to you would be to start slow. Don't try to take on too much at one time otherwise you risk overwhelming yourself and then possibly giving up on the whole idea before you get anywhere. There is just so much to learn (and there is a lot of noise out there...) so I think the best thing would be for you to pick one very specific aspect of the current technology that you want to get up to speed with and then find some free tutorial videos on YouTube. When you feel that you have the basics, then you could start looking round for more advanced classes online or in your area.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 02:41:17 PM »

Offline XandO

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 12:03:51 PM »
This all sounds good to me! I could use some feedback on how to navigate the internet. Doing this online reading input from "experts" overwhelms me at times. A face to face course or class may just do the trick.

Offline Stitcher

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 12:28:13 PM »
A few months ago our local library offered free courses to anyone looking to learn about all things computer related and the internet. That might be a good option for you.

Kirsten

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 02:43:25 PM »
I'm keen to know how it all turned out for you. I am also in the same situation where I'm trying to learn more so I can do more for myself. I always relied on my husband or my sons to help me with all kinds of technology and now is as good a time as any to start learning how to do it for myself.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 02:43:25 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms