Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deaf Kitty  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Deaf Kitty
« on: October 11, 2016, 02:42:45 PM »
We have a new little kitty that is deaf. I don't think she started out that way though. Her mama is the last of several 'semi' feral's that I haven't been able to get fixed, she seems to always escape getting into the carrier. :( But anyway, this one was fine one night then the next morning, goodness she was a mess! She couldn't sit up or stand let alone walk. Her whole body shook and she had tremors, mostly her head.

I had to spoon feed her for a few days until she could stand sit up just a little then I put some food in a small (1/3) measuring cup and held her head so she could eat. She is a real trooper though! We seriously didn't think she was going to make it through the day. But, everyday she got better and better. :)

Got a big throw rug to put down on the tile floor so she could get some traction to be able to move (exercise therapy). With in a week she was running around (although she would fall down a bit) her tremors stop but her head still shakes a bit when she eats.

It really wasn't until about a month or so ago that we realized she was deaf but bless her heart she just keeps on going like she is perfectly normal.

Still not sure what happened over night like that and the Vet doesn't either but for her to come back like she did is really something.

I'm going to try to find a picture to add to the Pet Pictures topic. I know I have some, just have to find them somewhere on this PC!

Empty Nest Moms

Deaf Kitty
« on: October 11, 2016, 02:42:45 PM »

Offline girlchild34

Re: Deaf Kitty
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 02:50:14 PM »
What a turn of events this has been! I can't wait to see her picture because I believe that despite all this, she's the most adorable and previous kitty ever.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 04:31:07 PM »
Hi Jeanine, how is your little deaf kitty doing now? It's been a while so hope she is doing good? Update us when you get a chance. :smileycat:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 04:31:07 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 04:50:53 PM »
Poor baby.  I'll tell you they get down just like people.  She is young too huh...  Did the vet do exams on her head?

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 07:04:05 AM »
Thanks for asking. She is actually doing pretty good. We still have to 'look' for her when we are leaving in our vehicles but she is starting to 'catch on'. We have hand signals we use so she is learning 'sign' language.  :13:  She is in a world of her own though. Very active, can't keep her inside which I know is where she should be but she loves it outside with the rest of the cats.

She did disappear for a few days a while back. I really think someone took her, she had lost her collar (again) and it wasn't on her. Put some flyers up around town mentioning that she was deaf ' with 'special needs' and low and be hold a few days later about 4 or 5 in the morning I heard her meowing outside our bedroom window. She has a very loud meow and can 'spook' very easy so I'm sure who ever took her thought she was a bit weird. :) We have her figured out. She 'hears' vibrations so we go around stomping our feet when we get close to her or taping beside her where ever she is sleeping to give her warning.

It's never boring having her around. She picks up on things quickly. She's not the most cuddly cat around but there are times when she likes to sit in your lap. You just have to be careful that something doesn't startle her or she will jump up and her claws go in you.....yikes. She not good at jumping must be because of her balance? But she can manage if she can grab a hold to  help her 'climb' up.

I'll try to round up a recent pic of her and post it.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 07:04:05 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 07:31:20 AM »
That's wonderful news.  I wonder if you could put a special collar on her that mentions she cannot hear. 

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 09:16:56 AM »

Ok have a pic, hope it comes out ok. Just copied the 'image' and pasted it here. And yes, Mary, I do have a tag that says "I'm Deaf" where her name is suppose to be. She keeps losing her collars but I have ordered a few more just to have on hand!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 09:59:37 AM »
Oooooo what a little doll baby!!!   
So good to know you can copy and paste here.  That will make things so much easier for me.. hee hee
You must have the kitty break away collars?

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 10:52:47 AM »
Well if you copy and paste you still need to check the size and also when you right click to copy make sure there is a 'copy image' link, other wise just 'copy' won't work.

No it's not a break away collar, just don't have it on tight for that reason. I also had a bell on it, not that she could hear it but we could! Made it easier to find her. Ever try to find a deaf cat? :017:

Offline MaryB

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 11:05:08 AM »
She's itty bitty so that much be why, the collar is just coming off.  Yes the bell would help you all locate her.  I have bells on my girls for that reason. 

Ok,  thanks for the photo lesson.   I needed it!   :smileyholdingflower:

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 02:28:26 PM »
Oh how cute she is! So good of you to keep her with her special needs problem. Glad she is adapting so well. I think most animals (and humans) do.

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 01:58:53 AM »
I can't open the pic, but I am sure she is adorable. Thank you for loving her and giving her the care she needs. Many people would toss a kitty aside, especially if they thought something was wrong with her. We need more people in this world like you, Jeanine!

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 08:15:40 AM »
thank you ladies, she is very sweet but does have her way about her that you have to 'over look'. :)

Pic is fixed now.....sorry Maryb, guess the copy paste doesn't last to long. But if you right click on a pic you want to upload and it has 'copy image link' or something like that then you should be able to do it that way by clicking on the 'insert image' then pasting the link there. Hopefully..... :dunno: 

Offline MaryB

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 01:45:23 PM »
Oh ok,  I'll try it!   :13:

Offline DottieMae

• Enjoying Life and Family!
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 11:35:52 AM »
How cute she is Jeanine! It's nice that  you kept her and are working with her to help the both of you 'communicate'. Some would have dumped her at a shelter and not bothered. Hope she is with you for a long time!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 11:35:52 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms