Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Seniors and Dating. So nervous about this  (Read 6203 times)

Offline Maria

Re: Seniors and Dating. So nervous about this
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 01:58:27 AM »
I hear you about Christmas It's the hardest. We have co-custody situations on both sides,
so we celebrate basically, when both have the children, so we can do it together. I never know when
it's going to be until they decide when they are going to get together. I too, have a sister, who I
had not spoken to in years, probably 15 or 20, until I had my heart attack and she called to say 'Sorry'.
We are going to Cracker Barrel, kids are doing in-laws this Thanksgiving. It's half way for her and halfway for me.

My daughter doesn't understand why Christmas isn't any different than any other day of being alone
and I told her I pray she never has to experience it.

I am so happy that you found out about your guy. My goodness there are some smooth talkers out there.
Sometimes I think the more smooth they talk the more wary we should be.  How old are you? I have a brother...
He might be someone fun to correspond with. He lives in the Southern most part of WV. His wife, my best friend,
died 2 years ago. (In fact my heart attack started the day she died) He's a good guy. He is 73, may be too old.

I do agree, it would be nice to have someone to go out with during the holidays. I just use a fake tree, because my kids
will come in at some point. Well, we have a few days left. Maybe something will come up. Wishing you luck. Man! Domestic
abuse. You rescued yourself from a good one there! Good luck, keep me posted if one should pop up for you!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 01:58:27 AM »

Offline SeniorLady

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 09:39:12 AM »
Well I just read all the post here! Nvgt16 sorry to hear the guy you were talking with wasn't what he seemed but good that you found out! Hopefully things will work out for you sooner or later. More then likely when  you least expect it! Same for  you Maria, I know it must be tough out there.

I have a friend who used one of those sites. She meet several guys, always in a very public place, some were ok some not so much! She has been seeing one guy for a good while now that she met at one of the dating sites (forget which one at the moment) so it can and does work out for some. Just always be careful and mindful of who and where you meet them in the beginning!

Hang in there and keep us posted on how things are going. I'm sure you are not alone in your 'search' and others would love to know if things work out and maybe some helpful hints?

Take care and have a great New Year!  :dancingbluesmiley:

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 09:51:04 AM »
Happy Holidays!

I'm laying off of the dating websites and all of that right now. I just want to focus on my ESL job and becoming a healthier, better me! I had been babysitting for extra money but just stopped it...it wasn't worth the money and most days I was working from 8 am and getting home at 7 pm..way too much. I've been starting to consider my long term plans for retirement..basically where I want to live and I'm considering a move to Florida..near St. Pete where my friend lives. I actually found a full time ESL job there too!? Just don't know if it's what would be right to do. I've been in my home for almost 30 years, my kids live very far away and I just have my sister here who I get together with...I'm trying to think of not just what I would love about living in Florida but what I would miss about leaving my home...Any thoughts would be wonderful!!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 09:51:04 AM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2016, 05:35:14 PM »
Hi Neale! Hope you had a nice Christmas. I've been following this thread (and I'm sure a lot of other single EN Moms have too!). Sounds like a move to Fl. might be the thing you need. Florida's nice....:) not that I'm partial or anything. :) New start new life! I'm sure your sister would love to come visit  you.

St.Pete is a nice place. You know we had another member, MaryB just moved down here, she's down in south Fl. Sounds like you already have a possible job lined up too? That doesn't happen often.

Well it gives you something to think about, especially the mostly warm winters! It's been in the 80's or real close lately.

Take care and do keep us posted.

:big hug smiley sign:

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 05:43:54 PM »
Hi, It's a strong thought right now. I'm not sure if I'm going to actually apply for the job but I'd like to see what else becomes available. May I ask about where you are located in Florida? I have been looking on Trulia for safe areas around Pinellas Park, Clearwater, and St. Pete areas..my friend lives in St. Pete but once lived in Pinellas Park. I just want to make sure I'd be doing the right thing...kind of nervous about making big decisions like that and then regretting them. Tomorrow I'm hoping to be finally refinancing my current mortgage..which is really going to age me :-( The one thing that I'm concerned about is the cost for my daughter and her fiance to fly to Tampa seems like it's more expensive than flying into Boston. I also don't want to move and feel more lonely in Florida than I do where I've always lived...

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 05:43:54 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 06:47:04 AM »
Oh boy this thread is full of feelings.  Well I may as add mine.   :dunno:
Sometimes, no all the time, to be in the wrong relationship is lonelier than being alone.  I dont have to tell you all this, because at this age, we all have learned this, and sometimes the hard way.  I spent my Christmas in my room, with Hallmark on the tv, and talking on my computer.   My husband of 40 years spent it in the living room watching his violent cussing movies, the way he likes it.  Lonely?  Yes...  Married, very...   The way I see if it I were alone I could have accepted one of the offers of neighbors or friends to join them for Christmas dinner. Now which would have been more lonely?  I guess I said all of that to say take your time and enjoy your girlfriend and dont look so much to a man filling that void.  Sometimes a girlfriend is more company.

nvg16,    :cute group hug:  [size=78%]Woo hooo another Floridian up and coming!  I am in the middle and love it.  I even like the weather better than Texas, which absolutely surprised me.  It's always  a bit lonely when you first move but that's just an opportunity to meet new friends!  You are friendly and will fit in anywhere you go.  Good luck to you!  :)[/size]

Offline MaryB

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 06:47:55 AM »
Maria, not to make light of your situation.  My best to you dear friend.   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 07:21:41 AM »
Hi Mary!  :goodpost:  and so true. Sometimes it is better to be alone then to be with someone and feel 'alone'.

Neale, I'm in central Fl. about 2 hours north of St.Pete area. If you are refinancing you home does that mean you would rent it out while down in Fl? If that is the case you would still have your home to go back to later on if you just didn't like it down here. But as Mary said, sometimes it takes a while to adjust to a new place so you would really need to give yourself time for that.

As to plane tickets, I wouldn't worry to much about that for now. She could start shopping around for best pricing whenever she got ready to fly over here. Sounds like a whole to new adventure for you and something to really think about.

Hi Maria.....how are things going for you? Hope you had a nice Christmas.

Hugs to everyone!

Offline DottieMae

• Enjoying Life and Family!
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 05:54:19 PM »
Well this is an interesting conversation going on here!

Maria hope things are going good for you? Sounds like you are starting to enjoy your life now that you are truly single again.

NVGT16 how exciting that you are thinking of moving to Florida! That would mean a really big change for you. If you still have your home where you are, like Jeanine mentioned you could always move back after a year or, just to give yourself time for adjusting.

Do keep us posted on how that goes!

Kirsten

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 06:02:45 PM »
I get scared just thinking about dating at my age. I can't imagine what it would be like for me - whether it would be exciting or nerve wracking. I can only say that for those who are in this situation, I admire you for being brave enough to give love another chance.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 06:05:52 PM »
Kirsten   :cute group hug:    It is scary and exciting.  Be careful and selective, and remember anyone that does not treat you like the princess that you are,  does not deserve your time.  Enjoy yourself kiddo...   :smileyholdingflower:

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms