Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Good Question!  (Read 3454 times)

Offline Janeb

Good Question!
« on: September 22, 2016, 09:58:22 AM »
Hi.....I'm new here and this looked like a good place to start (looks like I'm first?) Our nest has just officially emptied! The last child of three just finished college (she lived at home the whole time) and has found a job and apartment to move to. She has a couple of friends moving in with her so rent and other expenses will be easier.

But alas, that leaves Mom and Dad wondering what to do now or 'next'? What did some of you guys do when you last one left the house to start their own lives? Did it take you a while to get your bearings so to speak? I know some just move right along but others can feel a bit lost.

I would love to hear what some of you have been doing now.

Empty Nest Moms

Good Question!
« on: September 22, 2016, 09:58:22 AM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Re: Good Question!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 04:43:56 PM »
Hi Jane and welcome to our Community! I'm sure you will get a lot of responses to this question. Most of the moms here have been there done that. :) You might just want to take a step back, take a deep breath and try to remember what ya'll like to do together for fun. Start with some small stuff and work your way up. :) I'm sure things will come to you in time and you will both start to adjust to your empty nest.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 02:13:52 PM »
Jeanine is right Janeb.  Take it slow.  It took us quite a while to adjust to the lack of responsibility.  I'm still learning how to cook for just the 2 of us.  Go on some weekend getaways, go out to eat, have friends over to watch the game.  Do those things that you did before kids.  Just have fun with each other.  :)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 02:13:52 PM »

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 02:47:19 AM »
When our last child moved out, she tried as much as she could to keep in touch and we would be on the phone for hours. This helped in making reality sink and it wasn't long before we got used to just being the two of us.

Like has been suggested above, take a step back and take it slow. Try to talk every so often to your kids and within no time, it will be such a smooth sailing.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 07:33:43 PM »
I think it takes time to find yourself.  We get so use to thinking of everyone else that we dont really know who we are anymore.  When you start thinking about what you like to do you'll be surprised how much comes back.  Plus new things will emerge.  What I'd like to see is a nite of card playing with another couple but so far that has not happened. We are not drinkers so it seems we are a dying breed, and my husband is an alcoholic so there is no considering being around drinkers either, and that cuts us off from a lot of socializing, but if you can find another couple to do things with it would really be fun.
Good luck to you to!  :)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 07:33:43 PM »

Offline Janeb

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 04:40:50 PM »
Thank you ladies for your replies! And thanks for the welcome Jeanine. Well I guess it will just take time to get adjusted to this empty house. We have been discussing some things that we would like to start doing now. I love to travel (hubby not so much) so we may compromise on short trips now and then. Myself, I'm trying to remember some of the things I really loved to do but haven't in a long time, so will keep at it.

Offline amsmomm

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 08:27:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I love it here.

Well let me tell you, I was lost. I had a lot of major changes when my daughter went to college. I've come a long way. You and your husband will find your way.

Offline butterwill

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 02:27:52 AM »
Sorry I'm late to the party, but congratulations on raising 3 productive members of society. That is no easy task and you deserve a good vacation because of that.  :big hug smiley sign:

Offline SadieG

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 08:02:41 AM »
I think we all felt unsettled at first, but after s but of adjusting, you do get used to the different way of life.
Take your time, take it one step at a time, and you'll be fine.

Offline XandO

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 06:09:11 PM »
It isn't easy being "left empty" at first, but I'm sure that you'll adjust. If you're so inclined, try taking some courses at your local community college or night school. You could start learning a new language, write creatively, draw, learn a new computer skill, etc. Like Yogi Berra use to say, "It ain't over 'til it's over." Try to enjoy your new found freedom.

Kirsten

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 02:40:23 PM »
I've been reading through everyone's replies here, and it's wonderful to hear how others found ways of coping with their empty nests. I always felt like no one understood what I was going through until I found this community.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 03:21:25 PM »
That's so true, Kristen, unless a person is in this, they cannot possibly understand us. 
I'm glad you are here..   :cute group hug:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 03:21:25 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms