Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cat seeking attention in the wee hours  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Jackie

Cat seeking attention in the wee hours
« on: September 19, 2016, 09:33:11 AM »
We have a beautiful male cat that was once a stray and is now our precious little family member. He is now about 4 years old. He has recently started an annoying behaviour; he'd wake us up in the wee hours of the morning, screaming for attention. Only when we get up to spend time with him, he quiets down. I'm at a loss of what to do to stop us losing sleep over this; help!

Empty Nest Moms

Cat seeking attention in the wee hours
« on: September 19, 2016, 09:33:11 AM »

Offline ForeverGabe

Re: Cat seeking attention in the wee hours
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 01:52:05 PM »
My cat does the same thing and I have to admit that I'm getting exhausted. No, I don't want to pet you at 4 am. I don't want you to rub against my hand and purr obnoxiously loud in the middle of the night. I'm tired!

And yet, you can't help but melt, no matter what time it is!

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 07:15:27 AM »
I have two that used to do the same thing.  It took a couple of nights but being consistent, I was able to keep pushing them back down to the floor till they quit jumping up and demanding attention.  They now have their own sleeping spots in the house and usually sleep until I get up in the mornings.  It just takes being stubborn I guess.  I had some sleepless nights but it sure has been worth it. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 07:15:27 AM »

Offline Jackie

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 05:49:54 AM »
He has now stopped acting up so much but it still happens some nights. I have been being stern with him and shouting 'No!' at him when he screams; it seems to be working although I feel really bad doing this to him.

Offline Stitcher

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 12:22:11 PM »
You have to be firm with him. And consistent with it. Don't get angry, they can feel that, just be firm. Put him outside if you have to until he gets the message.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 12:22:11 PM »

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 11:58:35 AM »
When we first got our girl, Luna she would jump in the bed with us wanting to play in the middle of the night. I think her previous owners had made a very spoiled kitty out of her and they would play with her any time, day or night. But after putting her out of the bed and closing the bedroom door a few nights, she finally got the message that we were not going to play after bedtime.

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 02:30:27 AM »
I feel for you, believe me. The kitten has decided that 3 a.m. is playtime. For whatever reason, as she started to grow up she stopped sleeping through the night. Luckily she bothers the older cat, not me and gets pawed for her troubles!

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 03:26:01 AM »
Did you have him neutered?  If not, that's the first thing to remedy.  Play with your cat before bed so he doesn't have as much energy to burn.  Feed him right before bed so he doesn't wake you up to fuss over food.  Both those things when done consistently should solve the problem. 

If he's still bugging you at night, add a treat box or food ball or some quiet toy that will hold his interest, so that he can self soothe without bothering you.  Most stray cats have had a hard life.  He might be making racket at night because he's upset.  It's sweet of you to give him attention instead of getting angry, but you're teaching him that his night time disturbance is the correct way to get noticed.  My favorite cat blog is wayofcats.com which has been beyond helpful in my own situation with cats.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 03:26:01 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms