Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do you feel sad when they leave after a visit?  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Nanny22

Do you feel sad when they leave after a visit?
« on: August 24, 2016, 07:24:52 PM »
When the kids come to visit for dinner or just to say hello I always feel sad that they are leaving to go to their own homes.  I just can't seem to shake it.  A friend said that when they leave I should have a glass of wine and a good movie to watch.  That will take my mind off of it.

Empty Nest Moms

Do you feel sad when they leave after a visit?
« on: August 24, 2016, 07:24:52 PM »

Offline Moonlight

Re: Do you feel sad when they leave after a visit?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 08:18:59 AM »
I think it's natural to feel so lonely. My parents used to say the same thing when I was young, and now I understand how it actually feels. It's true that distraction is all we need, but it's not easy to get distracted under such situation. I just go to sleep as soon as I can.

Offline ForeverGabe

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 10:22:12 PM »
What you are feeling is so natural and I hope you are not hard on yourself. I find that I often long for what once was, and that is what is so hard. I don't think that will ever go away.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 10:22:12 PM »

Offline Nanny22

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 07:49:27 PM »
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.  My husband doesn't verbalize it but I think he feels it too.  It just feels like a part of you is taken away.  I'm learning to deal with it.  I don't feel like crying all the time which is a good thing.

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 10:06:46 AM »
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.  My husband doesn't verbalize it but I think he feels it too.  It just feels like a part of you is taken away.  I'm learning to deal with it.  I don't feel like crying all the time which is a good thing.
I imagine it will be harder for single parents. At least we still have someone to share the sadness with, and together we can find things to distract ourselves. I feel slightly better when I think that they can always come home again.

Offline HuggyBear

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 01:52:36 AM »
I know what you mean. When mine come home to visit, I want to tie them to a chair so they can't leave!

I just focus on the knowledge that they are both happy in their new lives. And that's the most important thing.
X

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 01:52:36 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms