Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dog is sad that my holidays are over  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Camie

Dog is sad that my holidays are over
« on: August 22, 2016, 08:20:34 PM »
I spent two weeks at home for my holidays and our dog was my constant companion.  She's a large dog that thinks she is a lap dog, which is a little painful.  She is a real cuddly dog which is strange for a German shepherd.  Now that I'm back at work all day she is upset with me.  She grabs my shoes and tries to hide them.  She sits at the window crying in the morning as she watches me leave.  I'm trying to pay more attention to her at night to get her to stop but it's not working.  They really are like babies.

Empty Nest Moms

Dog is sad that my holidays are over
« on: August 22, 2016, 08:20:34 PM »

Offline Scatter

Re: Dog is sad that my holidays are over
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 11:35:38 AM »
Is there anyone else (or another pet) at home to keep him company? That's probably natural given how long you two stayed together during the holidays. It will probably take time for her to realize your new schedule.

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 03:30:25 AM »
Indeed that is really unique for a German Shepherd. Is there anyone else that gives her company during the day? You may have to get her another dog so she doesn't feel so neglected. I love dogs a great deal and will always do anything to make mine happy.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 03:30:25 AM »

Offline CalamityJane

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 10:33:18 AM »
It is so sad when they miss us, isn't it? Is your dog crate trained? I know when I leave the house my dog actually likes to be in his crate while I am gone. I don't even need to close the door. He goes in and lays down and naps while I am out. Some dogs prefer to have that designated den area they can claim as their own.

Offline Camie

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 09:07:56 PM »
She is very fond of people but not so much other animals.  We've socialized her with friends' dogs but she wants nothing to do with them.  She seems to think she is a person and only likes the company of people.  So getting a playmate for her it out.

She does have a crate but only goes in at bed time.  My husband works at home during the day but she wants nothing to do with him.  She's much better now that she's gotten familiar with my work schedule.  She's taken to sleeping during the day with her nose beside one of my shoes.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 09:07:56 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms