Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Spoiling one?  (Read 1580 times)

Offline KatelyndK

Spoiling one?
« on: August 17, 2016, 06:24:46 AM »
Hi all  :039:. I'm new here and am excited to have found this forum to chat with others like me.

My problem is that my son complains  (pretty sure it's his wife through him) that I treat my daughter's child better than his child. I swear I don't. I see my daughter and her child more often. My son goes to his wife's family more often.

I'm not going to change how I treat either child, but it does get annoying listening to him complain about it. His son even says, dad - stop... gram treats us the same.

Empty Nest Moms

Spoiling one?
« on: August 17, 2016, 06:24:46 AM »

Offline ForeverGabe

Re: Spoiling one?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 07:40:08 PM »
One of the things that my mother did was to make everything fairly even between the kids. She gave each of us a dollar limit for gifts at Christmas, and everyone got a standard cash gift for birthdays. Sleepovers and other special Nana times were split evenly so that none of us could make that statement. I guess the biggest thing is making sure that each family feels that they get the same amount of time an attention, and make sure everyone knows it.

Offline KatelyndK

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 09:13:29 PM »
I do try to spend an equal amount of time with each but my daughter brings them over more. I think my daughter-in-law goes to her parents more often. I will keep trying to be fair.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 09:13:29 PM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 12:42:52 PM »
I can see where this is coming from. Your son shouldn't succumb to the wife's pressure and I think it is not wise of him to come tell you that you treat the children differently. I think I would get so mad because my priority has always been to treat all my grandchildren equally.

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 10:12:39 AM »
Sometimes we do things unconsciously, sometimes it's just the sentiment of others. Maybe once in a while you can try to compensate by doing a fair action in front of both parents, just to reassure them that you treat them fairly.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 10:12:39 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms