Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

Island

Views: 1786
By: Jeanine
HT in a box

Views: 1992
By: sunflower
Hubby and I

Views: 1362
By: Jeanine
Mimi 1 2015

Views: 1683
By: MaryB

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I May Never Have Grandchildren :(  (Read 1977 times)

Offline GrownChildMother

I May Never Have Grandchildren :(
« on: July 27, 2016, 11:41:46 AM »
My son has been married for a few months and while I knew they do not want children now, I assumed that a few years down the road they might start a family. The other day my son informed me that as soon as he turns 25 (he's 22 now) he wants to have a vasectomy. This really saddens me even though I know it is their choice completely. My daughter is only 14 right now and she has always said she does not ever want to get married, much less have a child. So, I am thinking there is a good possibility that I will never have any grandchildren. :(

Empty Nest Moms

I May Never Have Grandchildren :(
« on: July 27, 2016, 11:41:46 AM »

Offline Jenny

Re: I May Never Have Grandchildren :(
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 07:20:11 AM »
I know this must upset you.  However, there are plenty of kids that need good grandparents.  Go out and adopt a few.  By that I mean, go volunteer at a local elementary school and get to know a few kids that need you.  They may not be yours but they sure will love you like they are yours. 

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 09:33:45 AM »
I think I have somewhat replaced my hope for a grandchild with my love for dogs. We now have three little house dogs and they truly bring me so much joy. I adopted two Chihuahuas from a friend who has cancer and had not been able to care for them for a long time and I also took in a Chiweenie puppy from a family that was definitely not giving her the right care. So, if I never get a grandchild, there are always plenty of doggies that need someone to love and spoil them.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 09:33:45 AM »

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 09:27:08 AM »
Have you tried talking to them about the reasons for not wanting children? I agree that it's kind of strange, but it's their rights to decide after all. I'm glad to hear that adopted kids or pets can help, though.

Tamlyn

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 03:59:59 PM »
There is so much around us that can bring us love and joy in our lives but only if we chose to focus on it. If you decide to make a big issue out of the fact that you may never have grandchildren, then you are dooming yourself to a very lonely and depressed life. I say focus on the positive only right now.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 04:55:03 PM »
He's 22?   And says what he is doing 3 years from now?  Now that's funny.  Shucks we cant say what we'll be doing in a month, much less years.  Besides they say there are 3 opinions to every subject.   1)Yours
2)Mine
3) God's..
Now we know who wins that!   :13:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 04:55:03 PM »

Offline Lyndish

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 06:09:14 AM »
Seriously I would be very glad that your 14 year-old doesn't want children. She's still a child herself! Once she has grown up she may make other choices, you don't know. As far as your son is concerned, a lot of things can happen in three years.

The best thing is not to dwell on it. If you can make your life happy regardless than any grandchildren are a bonus on top. Spoil those Chihuahua's rotten!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 06:09:14 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms