Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do You Ever Get Depressed Thinking About When You Get Older?  (Read 2297 times)

Offline GrownChildMother

I am nearing my mid 40s now and I often find myself thinking and worrying about what life will be like when I become elderly and unable to take care of myself. I certainly do not want to be a burden to my kids. However, my husband and I are not in perfect health now and I worry about what may happen to us.

Empty Nest Moms

Offline amsmomm

Re: Do You Ever Get Depressed Thinking About When You Get Older?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 07:48:56 AM »
I don't really worry about it. I have great health insurance and I get to keep it when I retire. I also don't like to worry about these things. I have money put away for this time of my life. I don't want to be a burden either but there isn't anything I can do about it now (that I'm not already doing).

Offline XandO

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 12:33:25 PM »
It has been said that aging is not for the faint of heart. My wife and I, too, have health insurance paid from my wife's former employer, plus Medicare. The thing about growing older is to try to put everything into perspective. What I mean by that is to realize that we are all mortal, focus on the good and accomplished things we have done in the past and try to squeeze every last good drop out of the remaining years left to us. There are still things to savor, you just have to look for them. When I was younger, I also spent a great deal of time wondering about my elder years, now, not so much. You learn to try to enjoy what's here more at this moment in time, you can't control the rest.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 12:33:25 PM »

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 02:03:31 PM »
It's not something we can solve with money and insurance. I enjoy my current activities despite the stress, so the imagination of feeling bored most days in life sounds very depressing. I think we need to find something we can still do and still enjoy doing at that age.

Offline CalamityJane

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 07:26:41 PM »
Sometimes I get a little down. It's more of just a sadness, really. I get sad about all the things that I took for granted when I was younger, the time that I wasted on things that didn't matter. I always resolve to do better, but even now, time seems to get away from me.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 09:42:15 AM »
I think a lot of people think about that and what I say is to just take each 'year' as it comes (and be glad that it did!) I'm approaching 60 and not to concerned about it. It is what it is. Just try to enjoy life and keep busy if you can. Thinking to much about something you can't really do much about can be depressing in itself. Hang in there everybody!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 09:42:15 AM »

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 10:06:53 PM »
I think a lot of people think about that and what I say is to just take each 'year' as it comes (and be glad that it did!) I'm approaching 60 and not to concerned about it. It is what it is. Just try to enjoy life and keep busy if you can. Thinking to much about something you can't really do much about can be depressing in itself. Hang in there everybody!
At the end of the day, that's all we can do, right? It actually doesn't help to worry about what will definitely come. I'm trying to change my views by thinking and doing more positive things, since we all will get there someday.

Offline Laura

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 06:02:14 AM »
A lot of the things that we tend to worry about in life never come to pass, and the chances are that you and your husband will never be a burden on your children, but I can understand why you would be thinking about that now. What you can do to ease that worry is to start making plans just in case, for example, do like annsmom says and make sure that your health insurance is up to par.

Offline cherie

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 01:33:29 PM »
I used to worry a lot about aging until it dawned on me that this was doing more harm than good. At the end of the day, age eventually catches up and the best thing anyone can do is to make sure that they are taking care of their bodies.

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 02:15:41 AM »
We do both have excellent health insurance at the moment. I think a lot of my worry has to do with the health issues we have right now. Perhaps if my health was better and I was able to work and earn a living like I did a few years ago, I would not think about it as much.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 02:15:41 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms