Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: anniversary of my father's death  (Read 1409 times)

Offline momof3boys

anniversary of my father's death
« on: May 29, 2016, 08:32:52 PM »
This is a sort of heavy topic but would like to share if that is okay. My father who was a veteran drank himself to death on Memorial day about a decade ago. I was able to be there when they "found" his body and when they took it away but they would not let me see him at all. He had a long history of alcoholism and I know that his childhood was definitley lacking and then to be in the military only made things worse on him. I never had a father 24/7 or very much of him in my life but only bits and pieces when he wasn't in a treatment center or being arrested and also when it was "ok" with my mother. I feel there is a hole in my heart nobody else can fill. I wish I could talk to him one more time or that my kids could of had a real grandfather/grandchild relationship. They couldn't, he was too far gone in his alcoholism and homelessness. This time of year just makes me sad for those very reasons. Yes, memorial day is for those who lost their lives but what about those who lost their lives to p.t.s.d. or other such illnesses? I'm getting off my soap box now and then you for letting me vent.  :flagwavingsmiley:

Empty Nest Moms

anniversary of my father's death
« on: May 29, 2016, 08:32:52 PM »

Offline GrownChildMother

Re: anniversary of my father's death
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 04:39:19 AM »
I am so very sorry. Memorial Day is tough for anyone who has lost a close loved one, regardless of how they lost them. I simply hate the time between May 19th and Father's Day. May 19th is the anniversary of my precious sister's death, Memorial Day is always sad and Father's Day is one of the hardest days of the year for me because I grew up a Daddy's girl and my sweet Dad has been gone for 17 years now. I especially understand about your children. My son was only 5 when Dad passed away and my daughter was not even born until 2 years later. Sending you hugs and prayers for peace during this sad time.  :hugs:

Offline High Rise

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 03:08:40 AM »
 :hugs: Sometimes life deals us a hard hand to play. I never knew my father either, and it was due to alcoholism as well. I didn't find out he died until a good 15 years after the fact. But since I never knew him, there was no love lost. You learn to focus on the positive things that you do know about to compensate for the negative things that you only learn about.  The latter is no way to live.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 03:08:40 AM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 01:09:15 AM »
Reading this, I can really empathize with you. Anyone who has lost someone special in ways that were not natural will never have someone to fill that void. There are times when you will just be quiet as you try to reflect on life but there isn't much we can do to bring them back. I am so sorry for your loss and can only hope that the better days will encompass the lonely days.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 01:09:15 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms