Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A High School Dilemma  (Read 1659 times)

Offline GrownChildMother

A High School Dilemma
« on: May 15, 2016, 06:34:44 PM »
My daughter will start high school next year. We moved to our current residence back in October. We are outside the district for the school system she has always attended so I have driven 6 miles to and from the school bus stop to get her on and off the bus twice a day so she could finish 8th grade with her friends. I have told her all along that next year she will have to go to the school district we live in because the bus runs right past our house because I simply cannot afford to drive like I have been every day for the next 4 years. Also, I have heard that drugs are terribly bad in the high school she would be going to if I kept driving her and I know some of the teachers are just plain cruel at times.

Here is the dilemma. She plays drums in the band and she LOVES it. If she goes to the new school, she wants to be in band there. Of course I want her to stay in band throughout high school. However, at the new school, I have heard the band practices nearly every day after school. This would mean that I would have to go pick her up almost every evening and that school is 25 miles away! That's driving 50 miles a day to get my child back home which I certainly cannot afford. Uggghh, what do I do? Do I let her stay at the closer school where it may not be the best atmosphere, but she will be with friends? Or, do I enroll her in the new school knowing we will struggle to get her back home in the evenings?

Empty Nest Moms

A High School Dilemma
« on: May 15, 2016, 06:34:44 PM »

Offline High Rise

Re: A High School Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 04:45:28 AM »
Do what is best for your daughter. If you have to keep her away from the drug influences and bad teachers by driving more, that's a sacrifice we parents have to make sometimes.

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 12:00:19 AM »
I have talked to my husband about this and he seems to think it would be better to let her stay in the same school system. He went to the other high school himself and he said that drugs are bad there too. He is also worried that if she goes to a new school where she does not know anyone, she may be too easy to go along with the wrong crowd just to make new friends. At least I know the friends he has now are good kids. So, I am just torn about this. I am going to call both schools tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Offline HappyDay50

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 04:57:43 PM »
I was in band in high school. The focus and friends I found there kept me away from the drug and alcoholic influences. Band gave me a sense of belonging and achievement and a group of tight knit friends to spend the weekends competing with. Whichever high school you end up sending her to, I would keep her in the band. They stay busy, and the bad influences prey on bored kids. Hope it works out well!  :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 04:57:43 PM »

Offline GrownChildMother

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 07:08:14 AM »
I was in band in high school. The focus and friends I found there kept me away from the drug and alcoholic influences. Band gave me a sense of belonging and achievement and a group of tight knit friends to spend the weekends competing with. Whichever high school you end up sending her to, I would keep her in the band. They stay busy, and the bad influences prey on bored kids. Hope it works out well!  :big hug smiley sign:

TY HappyDay50! I think I have decided to let her stay where she will be with her friends. At least I know she will be with other kids she has grown up with all through school. She will also have the same band teacher in high school she has had for the last 3 years and he has always been good to her and taken care of all the kids on band trips several times. My husband also has a first cousin who is a teacher at this high school, so he is going to talk to him and have him keep an eye on our girl. Hopefully, everything will work out for the best and she will be happy too.

Offline HappyDay50

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 01:59:28 AM »
That is awesome! I hope I helped you decide. I feel you made a good decision, as band was so good for me and also for my children in keeping them out of trouble. Good luck to her as she begins this adventure! :13:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 01:59:28 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms